How to appeal a decision in a case?

khouryby
Contributor
Contributor

I need to appeal a decision on a case with paypal, how do I go about it?

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

rjo72223
Contributor
Contributor

Good luck... They say they have "appeal tabs" located in closed cases but I never found any... If someone else can find them, please let me know...

Login to Me Too

Asking4More
New Community Member

I need to appeal also - it looks to me like the case has to be closed... so I'm assuming either I close it (I'm not going to do that because I'm unsure - but when I have the time I will be calling the 800 number and speaking with a real person).. OR just let the decision expire I would imagine.  They want me to pay for shipping back of this dead laptop and also not be reimbursed for the shipping I paid to receive it - SIGNIFICANTLY NOT AS DESCRIBED.  PayPal is insane.  They are lazy or something.  Description said it "powers on and boots up".  It's totally dead - doesn't do a thing.  He was a fast eddy and PayPal is protecting HIM and I CAN PAY FOR IT!  The feedback ain't gonna be good for this one.  And I never leave negative feedback.  He's a sneak.  Emailed after he shipped it that he didn't know anything about the laptop, hadn't started it up in forever, claiming ignorance - even the LCD is crap - has a crack.  What a piece of work PayPal is getting to be.  They don't solve anything.  eBay as well.  No buyer should be out money for receiving crap or things that are totally different than described.  I'm buying less and less on eBay because of this unfair non-process.  Yes, I'll be appealing paying $15 and having to drag it around and find the time.  Everything about this negative seller is at MY EXPENSE?  Don't think so.  And these types of sellers work the system.  They let PayPal pay for their deceptions.  I'm pretty done with trusting their judgment.

Anyway here is the answer I got, but remember you have to wait for the case/claim to close:

Here are the steps to appeal a Buyer Complaint investigation if you are unhappy with the outcome.

1. Log in and visit the Resolution Center.

2. Select Closed Cases in the drop down box on the Resolution Center page.

4. Click the Appeal button under the Action column of the transaction in question.

The Appeal button will be available for only 10 days after the complaint was closed.

Login to Me Too

rjo72223
Contributor
Contributor

NO APPEAL BUTTON APPEARS UNDER THE ACTION SECTION OF A CLOSED CASE?

Login to Me Too

rjo72223
Contributor
Contributor

NO APPEAL BUTTON SHOWS UP?

Login to Me Too

rjo72223
Contributor
Contributor

APPEAL BUTTONS DO NOT APPEAR...

Login to Me Too

rjo72223
Contributor
Contributor

Should the FCC be told about this lack of an Appeal Process?

Login to Me Too

lordmi
Contributor
Contributor

FCC  regulates U.S. broadcast media and communications.

And we are dealing with financial institution here.

so it should be another place.

The problem is not absence of buttons,

the problem is; paypal is ruling cases and benefits from outcome.

That should suspend ruling rights .

Login to Me Too

rjo72223
Contributor
Contributor

FCC, SEC, etc., whatever...

Action needs to be taken because they are both "self-serving" themselves...

CIAOSmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Login to Me Too

lordmi
Contributor
Contributor

in sale's policy it was written (probably), that byer pay's returning shippuing.

if so - You were informed about condition of this sale.

What is the problem now, when you need to follow those conditions?

The best for You would cooperate with seller , because  for now You do pretend to change the rules on the gameafter it was over.

TYalk to seller - You both will find better solution, than this Resolution center, that solves NOTHING

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.