How to appeal a decision in a case?

khouryby
Contributor
Contributor

I need to appeal a decision on a case with paypal, how do I go about it?

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

rjo72223
Contributor
Contributor

PAYPAL IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE APPEAL BUTTONS UNDER THE "ACTION SECTION" OF THE CLOSED CASES BUT I HAVE NEVER FOUND ANY?

Login to Me Too

duped

same problem paypal does  not have appeal when close cased

it like trying to apeal to judge judy on telephone they are all trained to side buyer have their canned speach

Login to Me Too

rjo72223
Contributor
Contributor

You are absolutely right as there is NO APPEAL from a final/ruling decision at PayPal

although they direct you, or tell you, you can Appeal all within the Resolution Center for ten (10) days after a finality/decision/ruling.  If you contact them about NOT finding the process in the Resolution Center, they will tell you about the process again, but, it does NOT EXIST!!! They usually divert your attention away from the NON-EXISTENT PROCESS with "generic verbage" from an Agent clearly having nothing to do with any Appeal. In one case, I complained so much that they did Appeal a final ruling on a case for me only having it dismissed the next day. If you use a Credit Card, you may have some leverage with your credit card companyso try... GOOD LUCK

Login to Me Too

ryken23

Don't even waste your time.  I appealed 3 times over the phone (tab doesn't work),  They are very nice and seem to understand what you are saying but you will repeatedly get an email saying "the decision from paypal is final and it can not be appealed"  Basically, you are **bleep**ed and you are stuck with whatever you bought.  Paypal will not even look at your pictures or anything.  

If someone at paypal makes a stupid decision, you are stuck!

My item was described as new but it had initials engraved, grips showing wear (putter).  Seller purposely did not take picture of the face of the putter and said it was new.

Well paypal decided that it was described correctly and I am stuck with a putter with his initials on the face.  $325 ripoff due to Paypal not looking at the item on ebay and not listening.

Good Luck!

Login to Me Too

rjo72223
Contributor
Contributor

You do NOT have any Appeal rights in a finally decided case although PayPal says you do through the Resolution Center...

Login to Me Too

freshu
New Community Member

I have the same problem...I want to appeal the outcome of a claim but the button ‘Appeal’ in the action column doesn't exist!

Login to Me Too

knarfage
Contributor
Contributor

Your transaction ID: 8TJ14554JL411550Y

Case number: PP-886-426-135
Refund amount: $280.00 USD

Paypal bent me over regarding the above transaction and didn't use any vasoline. I sent a package from Florida to California insured through UPS and Delivery Confirmation. The package arrived damaged but because the buyer "did not want to go through the process of filing a claim with UPS" I am out the money for the package.

And also because the buyer did not file a claim and sent the package back to me first class with no insurance the items within became even more damaged. Paypal never asked me for the copy of the receipt showing the package was sent insured. They did not contact the shipping company and the manager of the store to confirm the item was sufficiently packaged. And if it wasn't sufficiently packaged correctly UPS would have never picked up the package to begin with. Paypal never gave me an e-mail to show how the items were packaged prior to be boxed or shipped. I knew right away once the dispute was made paypal was going to side with the buyer and **bleep** me over.

I now have a negative balance of $8.42. It will be cold cold day before they get that money I can assure you that.

Appeal.............where in the **bleep** is the appeal button. There isn't one or at least I can't find one. I am filing a better business bureau complaint with the local san jose chapter regarding this matter.

Login to Me Too

lordmi
Contributor
Contributor

it is You, who files claom with FedEx and UPS.

Just do it.

Login to Me Too

rjo72223
Contributor
Contributor

If you feel aggrieved just report the "Lack of an Appeal Process" to the FCC or SEC... As Nike says: JUST DO IT... or file you claim and move on...

Login to Me Too

rjo72223
Contributor
Contributor

There is alot of problems with the eBay/PayPal System(s) because eBay owns PayPal and all the decision making is in House...

There should be a legitimate way to AppealSmiley Tongue a decision to an independent mediator/arbitrator or/court....

If the FCC or SEC was alerted, I am sure there would be repurcusions...

BBB is not what I would bank on here...

CIAO

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.