How to Code for Additional Shipping Charges Per Item Quantity Ordered

qas
Contributor
Contributor

I am at a stand still and am just not getting the coding correct for the following:

I need my shipping charges to change as follows (all the same item, just different quantities):

1 Item Ordered- $2.50 total S&H

2 thru 5 items Ordered - $5.00 total S&H

6 thru 10 Items Ordered - $7.00 total S&H

Can anyone help me ASAP pleeeeeeeeeeease? 😉

Thank You!!!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

skier
Advisor
Advisor

One option is setup a shipping method based on Quantity.  Assuming you have a US PayPal Account, this method is available to you.   PayPal's Website Payments Standard Integration Guide explains how to do this.  The guide can be downloaded from here.    Note, as this method will cover all your items or your entire shopping cart, this may or may not be appropriate for your particular scenario.

Another option would be to use the shipping override variables and some custom scripting.   The shipping override variables will only apply to the item they are associated with, not the entire shopping cart.   Check out this Buy Now custom scripted example as it does do what you have in mind plus some other things.   If you like to tinker with coding your own stuff, this example should get you going in the right direction.

If coding your own stuff is not something you want to deal with, then you can always seek the assistance of a Developer.  There's a list of them here.   This is the type of work these folks do for a living.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

qas
Contributor
Contributor

You replied:

Check out this Buy Now custom scripted example as it does do what you have in mind plus some other things.   If you like to tinker with coding your own stuff, this example should get you going in the right direction.

All fine and dandy, but just HOW or WHERE do I add in or apply the code in that example? What exactly do I copy/paste, and into where? I am totally lost now... sorry - this PayPal experience is very very new to us...

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

What you have in mind takes additional coding skills as the example provided uses a java script to manage the logic.  Perhaps you have a friend who can help you, else, you may want to contact a Developer.  Unfortunately, it's a bit much to try to explain a step by step process.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.