How to Add Funds with Credit Card vs. Bank Account

Bren
Contributor
Contributor

I need to add funds to my Pay Pal account using my credit card. It appears they only give the option of using my bank account. I do not want to give PP my bank account information. Is there any alternative or way around this??

I'm currently in a situation where I need to refund a buyer funds and have no way of doing it without adding my bank account. On top of that, even if I WANTED to give PP my bank account, when I've tried (finding no other option available), PP says someone else already has that account.  I'm assuming my spouse - as we have a joint account.

Anyone have any suggestions around this?

Thanks!
B

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

skier
Advisor
Advisor

You can pay with a credit card but, not add funds.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Bren
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.

So, PP won't take my one and only banking account. It won't take my credit card.  My only option is to use their credit card or open a new bank account. Yikes.

Thanks for your help and quick response.

Brenda

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

From what you have posted, is it correct to conclude that your spouse has a separate PayPal account which is linked to your joint bank account?

If yes, can your spouse send a bank account funded PayPal payment to your PayPal account which will then allow you to refund the buyer? 

Login to Me Too

Bren
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, you are correct. Unfortunately, my husband's PP account has had technical problems almost from the get go so he never actually uses it. I don't think he has the login information anymore. It's probably seven or eight years old, at least.  We tried to see if there was some way you could provide information to get the email/pw login information again but you need at least to know the email, it appears. 

I've got a ticket opened with them - although so far, not getting very far. The instructions tell me to click a link to do something - and there is no link where they say it will be. Crazy.  I've sent them screenshots so we're all on the same page. Just waiting to hear back from them now...

Wish me luck!

And thanks so much for responding!

Login to Me Too

GD-MoneyPak
PayPal Partner

You can add money to your PayPal account without a bank account by using the Green Dot MoneyPak.  You’ll find this option on the Add Funds page once you log into your PayPal account.  For more information check out https://www.moneypak.com/PayPal/Index.aspx.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.