How long should I wait

zman32006
Contributor
Contributor

before I call paypal and demand my money back? A seller sold me an item and said it would be here on Wed April 21 via UPS but they di not provide a tracking number. I tried contacting the seller on Thursday and on Saturday both with no response. I opened a dispute on Monday but no response so far. How long do ya'll think I should wait before I call paypal. If I escalate to a claim it takes up to 30 days for paypal to review everything to see if they wanna give me my money back.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Do you remember where the seller is located?  The problem here is that scammers have found another loophole in the dispute process. 

What happens is a seller sells you an item........

You wait and wait for the package and eventually open an item not received case with PP............

Seller notes the dispute and sends a box of newspapers or useless junk...........

Because you have already made a claim for item not received you would not be able to open another claim......

Seller can prove you did receive "AN" item and wins the dispute...........

If you paid via a credit card you may still be safe here and can file a claim on the seller.  Just be prepared to file a chargeback with your credit card company.  If you used an e-check it would sadly become a civil / small claims matter.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

1) PayPal will not review the case until you escalate the dispute to a claim. Once it's escalated to a claim, PayPal will give the seller 7-10 days to respond to the claim. PayPal will then review the case. Based on other recent posts, PayPal reviews the case and makes a decision within a couple weeks.

2) If you receive the item and it turns out to be "not as described", you should immediately login to your PayPal account and change your PayPal claim reason to SNAD (Significantly Not As Described).

Login to Me Too

zman32006
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any way I can just call paypal and let them know whats going on and get my money back? because the seller is located in New Jersey and Im in Georgia so it shouldnt have taken 2 weeks to get here. Or should I just escalate it to a claim?

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Escalate the dispute to a claim.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.