How long does it take Paypal to refund my money?

rcarey1
Contributor
Contributor

The Merchant refunded my money almost immediately when an item was out of stock. How long does it take Paypal to release these funds so that I get my refund?  It is going on 2 weeks now...

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

McGinn
Contributor
Contributor

The seller refunded my money almost immediately. How long does it take for PayPal to be it back into my account??

Login to Me Too

colorado
New Community Member

how long does it take to put my refund back on my credit card

Login to Me Too

DirectHex
Contributor
Contributor

Has it seriously been 2 weeks now, and i have a hard time believing the guy for 6 weeks.

Have you contacted paypal and spoke with them about it rather than getting on the forums?

There needs to be some validity or credibility to back up the length statements for the 6 week guy.

You should get a refund as soon as it passes through the ACH.

Has it already been taken out of your accounts?

I have a hard time believing some of these posts are legit as they seem more like trolls with only 1 post.

Login to Me Too

BrianRo
Contributor
Contributor

Yea, they're serious.  A request a money transfer 7 days ago (a process that takes 3-5 business day to complete, according to them).  Not only has the process NOT be initiated, they told me they cannot do anything about it.  I contacted my bank who informed me that as long as it is not in ACH Transfer phase it can be stopped.  I paid the stop payment fee and cancelled my PayPal account.  PayPal has been riddled with lawsuits and crazy business practices.  I only wish I'd known then, what I know now.

Login to Me Too

pixie
Contributor
Contributor

THEY SAY THEY PUT IT BACK IN PAYPAL I CAN SEE THAT THEY DID, BUT IT DOESN'T SHOW UP IN MY BALANCE IN PAYPAL OR ON MY CARD. I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHY?

Login to Me Too

Edgar
New Community Member

this is the same question i have.... paypal takes away our money fast and easy but to get it back is a Bxxxx hah

Login to Me Too

freelancer1993
Contributor
Contributor

I BUY  NEW ALYANS 7' NETBOOK TO SELLER  ON 12-29-2009. THEN  SEND ME THE ITEM ON FIRST WEEK OF JAN.2010 .ITS NOT WORKING I E-MAILED THE SELLER AND THEY TOLD ME TO RETURN.SO, I SEND BACK TO HIM ON FEB.2, 2010.THEY -EMAILED ME TO RETUN ON LAST JAN.27,2010.

AFTER THAT NO MORE RESPOND AND REFUND MONEY FOR THE ITEM   $ 139.99 DOLLARS.

HOW CAN I GET THIS MONEY?

Login to Me Too

MARIEM9764

ON 1/21 IPURCHASED ITEM#370307194124 seller sent email to say errro was made in dec.of item icanceled the buy  bertraar 690 canceled sell refunded the money 1/22 the money has not been returned to my account as of 1/26 please help me resolve this the amount was 29.50 thanks

Login to Me Too

pixie
Contributor
Contributor

transaction # is or4565902d9544610n. he said he put it back in my account a couple of days ago, but it's not there. i was wondering how long it took?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.