How long does it take Paypal to refund my money?

rcarey1
Contributor
Contributor

The Merchant refunded my money almost immediately when an item was out of stock. How long does it take Paypal to release these funds so that I get my refund?  It is going on 2 weeks now...

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

dragnikla

I received my refund in 2 days. I used paypal to purchase supplies from an online pet store. They emailed me to let me know the item was out of stock and immediately refunded my money. I got the confirmation from paypal saying how much had been refunded. However it did not show up in my recent activity folder. I had to look in view all transactions to see it. The status said complete. And at the bottom of the page, the key said that complete for refunds meant it could take the bank 1-7 days to return the money. And complete for purchasing meant the money had already  been sent to the seller. So long as you are sure the seller sent the refund you should contact paypal and your bank to make sure they are not floating the money. My refund was a small amount, so maybe that's why they didn't try to hold on to it. I hope this helps, since there don't seem to be any answers on this forum.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.