How long does it take Paypal to refund my money?

rcarey1
Contributor
Contributor

The Merchant refunded my money almost immediately when an item was out of stock. How long does it take Paypal to release these funds so that I get my refund?  It is going on 2 weeks now...

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

bfc764
Contributor
Contributor

Even after finally getting my refund. US Bank held the money for 4 days before it showed up in my account. Ugghhh! Paypal says that the refund has to be processed through the Federal Reserve and that it's out of their hands. Funny, it only takes seconds for the money to come out of your bank account... I am not likely to use Paypal ever again.

Login to Me Too

supersheetrock
Contributor
Contributor

Ive  been waiting for two weeks for a refund to be credited to my account as well.  Be nice to have my money back.

Login to Me Too

prado147-F
Contributor
Contributor

I want to know when I will receive my money for the items sold in ebay.

Also, in January l4 I relist some items that according with your information were elegible for a refund that I have not seen yet. Please let me know. Thanks

ID paypal: mayabeque.

Profile for paypal community prado147-F

Login to Me Too

violet
Contributor
Contributor

I'm ALSO frustrated! First at not having my refund yet, and secondly, coming here to find an answer, but only seeing several similar questions that have never been answered. What kind of "forum" is this anyway?? No moderators from PayPal that COULD answer these question? No moderators at all? This is ridiculous. The "Help Chat" is retarded because it is not a real person,  just a robot that couldn't even tell that I asked a question!  It kept saying, "I'm waiting! Can I help you?" I imagine if it did work, it would just send me to the topic selection for "refund" that didn't answer my question in the first place, hence my reason for trying the "live chat with a robot" and coming to the forum.

I came here hoping to see an answer to someone who already asked my question. Instead, I end up angry and bashing this forum. A lot of help this did.

Login to Me Too

bfc764
Contributor
Contributor

i am having a huge problem myself. I was sent a refund from a seller last Friday 2/12. The money, $1.300, is still not in my PayPal account so I can transfer it back into my checking account. Meanwhile I have checks bouncing at $35 dollars a pop. Now up to $450 in fees. PayPal customer services blames this hold up on the bank, specifically the Federal Reserve, ugggggh Never again! 3- to 5 business days of waiting?!?!?! Ridiculous!

Login to Me Too

violet
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, I got an email saying the money was refunded back to my credit card, but it is not there, nor is it even pending.

Login to Me Too

RJM80
Contributor
Contributor

IM going through the same problem. I  WILL post the end result and how long it took. Im sure it will be the most helpful post on this entire STUPID forum. This forum MAKES NO SENSE!! NOT ONE MOD!! REDICULOUS!!

Login to Me Too

Leroyjr04

Im  wondering the same rj...I recieved official notification this morning. It took me 3 weeks to recieve my item,then it didnt work!Robot Mad So I guess we are at the mecry of paypal,even though I have a transaction # for the refund, or maybe even yourself may have the same, and after checking a little more ,it could take up to 30 days! Thats BS, the paypal taketh away, but takes its time when putting the moneys on the Debit card(in my case anyway)  its not even pending on my automated statement! For blue collar workers WE or I need these extra funds,,,, CMON MAN!     Get on the ball Paypal.

I wish theres was another way to pay for things,with the hopes of speedier refunds if the situation arises! Just my take on the matter..They are a HUGE company, but  toyota tends to their messes quicker tha paypal, and they are a multi-billion dollar company! I will repost here once I get my money. date and time in KY is ,03/15/2010- 06:49in the am. YOU ARE ON THE CLOCK PAYPAL!

Login to Me Too

jtjtxo7

i paid for an item on ebay. The item was unclaimed due sellers error so he could not get his money. I cancelled the payment and he would like me to send him a money order for the item. which he did send and i am completely happy. I will definitely send him the money order but my acount shows where it was taken out but not that it has credited me the cancelled payment. Does anyone know how long this takes to get a cancelled payment back. 

Login to Me Too

alicia22

I used the virtual csr rep and they said up to 30 days....it is bs.... here is the response:

Since the original payment was made by credit card, the refund will also be credited to your credit card. However, it can take up to 30 days to appear on your credit card statement.

If the refund was sent more than 60 days after the original transaction, the refund will be credited to your PayPal balance.
You can also check the status of your refund in your Transaction History.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.