How long does it take Paypal to refund my money?

rcarey1
Contributor
Contributor

The Merchant refunded my money almost immediately when an item was out of stock. How long does it take Paypal to release these funds so that I get my refund?  It is going on 2 weeks now...

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

gyovany
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I really want to get the product but the seller refuses my order I ignore the problem so I want to know  How long does it take for PayPal to send the money  back into my account??

Login to Me Too

colonelbob
Contributor
Contributor

My refund is dated 04/11/2010, but it hasn't posted as a positive to my account. 

Login to Me Too

puddin69
New Community Member

you tell me,i have been waiting 6 weeks.this is B S.

Login to Me Too

BrianRo
Contributor
Contributor

Indeed.  It is a common practice of PayPal to take as long they want to get around to transferring your money.  Maybe a day, maybe 2 months?  It's a roll of the dice!  No need to waste time on the phone with them either...you'll leave empty handed, aggravated, and dumbfounded! 

Login to Me Too

cassangelgirl

concact ebay service or concact costomerservice they will help u. it happened to me. someone from ebay stole my money and never gave me refund. they robbed me and sent me nothing

Login to Me Too

KS

Is this your idea of a joke?  I don't see or get any answers at this forum.  It's a place to vent about how **bleep**ed your system is and how provoking it is to not get a straight answer to a simple question.  So again,  How long does it take to get a refund and what form will the refund be in?  Will it be a check in the mail sent to me or will it be a credit  posted towards my credit card?? 

A response would be very much appreciated,

Kelcey Sorensen

Login to Me Too

BrianRo
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal will EVENTUALLY credit whatever bank account you have attached to it.  The key thing here is, that they'll do it when they're able, but they're VERY prompt about taking money out of the account.  Best bet, leave PayPal, there are several better companies to use.

Login to Me Too

sylviadroberson
New Community Member

How does paypal refund your money back to your credit card and how long will it take.

Login to Me Too

tirna
Contributor
Contributor

Oh! ok so it two weeks I was geting mad because the merchant said he put my money back in paypal and I still dont see it!!!! so some one please respond to this is it suppost to be at least two weeks!!! Thanks Tirina

Login to Me Too

dvholloway
Contributor
Contributor

well tirina,

it looks like we're all looking for an answer that doesn't exist....

even on ebay it seems to be one surprise after another. can't trust nothing anymore.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.