How do sending limits work with credit cards?

rogerdunham
Contributor
Contributor

I understand that your account needs to be "verified" with a valid bank account and that your Credit Card on file has to be current with no security issues.   I have two buyers who never had an issue before not be able to select a credit card option for a $3500 payment .   

Most of the information on sending limits is about accounts that are not "verified" or have a credit card issue. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

skier
Advisor
Advisor

By law, PayPal is limited to $10,000.00 USD or it's foreign equivalent per transaction.

The maximum dollar amount for a single transaction is $10,000 for a PayPal member. To make a payment more than $10,000, multiple transactions can be sent to add up to the total amount. The maximum charge limit is dependent on the availability on the credit card after the account is Verified

Buyers who do not have a PayPal account may send a maximum of $4,000.00 USD or the equivalent thereof, for a one-time single transaction. Note: If the amount of your transaction is greater than $4,000.00 USD or the equivalent thereof, you will need to sign up for a PayPal account to complete your payment.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

rogerdunham
Contributor
Contributor

Buyer has a "verified " premier account tied to both his bank and his credit card.   Same as my account.  When I called I was told I had no limit (Ok its $10K per transaction).  The amount is only $3500 and he is being told that he can not send that much through his credit card.  He does not appear to have a problem with his credit card being valid or with its limit.  

This appears to be caused by a send limit imposed by Paypal on credit cards issued by others (not there credit card).  

This has happened twice in a row and I lost two sales@ $3500 each.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.