How do i give someone my pay pal information so they can make a payment?

bre
New Community Member

Im new to pay pal and i dont understand how i a suppose too give them my information for someone on craigs list too make a payment for me. do i just give a email?? help??

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

skier
Advisor
Advisor

In answer to your question - it the same email address you use to log into your PayPal Account.

Note, if you are the seller, you should be sending the buyer a Request for Money or an email invoice.

Scam Tips:

One of the most common red flags is that the buyer wants to sent you the money via your PayPal email address. Normally as the seller, you are in control of the transaction, it's best that you send the buyer a Request for Money or email invoice. Or if you have a web page or site, direct the buyer to your web page or site to complete the transaction. Note as a seller, you should have either a Premier or Business Account and be using PayPal's Website Payments Standard. Else, you will run into limitations if using a Personal Account.

Next common red flag:
The buyer wants the item delivered to another country and/or recommends a specific shipping/delivery service of their choice for you to use. You pick the shipping that works best for you and be sure to get the tracking information.

Another red flag:
The buyer offers to pay more than you're asking and/or is requesting shipment ASAP to an unconfirmed address or another state or country.

And one more common red flag:
Beware when the seller wants you to send him the money for a purchase but, you are asked to send the money as a "Gift". This means that the seller is trying to avoid paying the transaction fees and also makes it hard for you to prove you actually purchased an item. If you try to file a claim per this scenario, you will loose.

Here's how you can protect yourself:
* Do not sell to non-US PayPal Accounts.
* Require a "Confirmed Address" meaning that the shipping and billing address must be the same.
* Opt to not accept eChecks.
* Block payments from Student account users under 18 years old.

These are all options you can enable from within your PayPal Account Profile. Be sure to take the time to check them out.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.