How do I use PayPal to pay my Bill Me Later bill?

sbozarth
Contributor
Contributor

I signed up for Bill Me Later and my statement says that I can pay my bill through PayPal.  The instructions say to Login, click Profile and then schedule a payment within the Bill Me Later section.  But there is no Bill Me Later section when I click on Profile.  What am I missing? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

rmbrittain
New Community Member

I have this same question/issue.

I contacted PayPal customer service by telephone and was told that this was a Bill Me Later issue and that I would need to contact Bill Me Later.

I then contacted Bill Me Later customer service by telephone and they said that this was a PayPal issue and that I would need to contact PayPal.

After about 4 different telephone calls, I got the impression that neither PayPal nor Bill Me Later had a good understanding of how their services/websites interacted with one another. I've used PayPal for several years, and I'm very happy with PayPal. I only signed up for Bill Me Later because of a promotional offer that I got in the mail and because it was owned by or associated with PayPal.

If I can't associate my PayPal and Bill Me Later accounts in order to use PayPal to pay my Bill Me Later bill, then I don't have any use for Bill Me Later. I was really disappointed by the level of customer service I received from both sites. I hope this issue is resolved.

Login to Me Too

dmatz
Contributor
Contributor

I ran into the same problem. What a joke!

Login to Me Too

Jet
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem and here is what I found out after talking to several people at both PayPal and Bill Me Later.

When I signed up for Bill Me Later (while paying for an auction using my existing PayPal account) they created a new PayPal account tied to my email address instead of linking it to my existing account.  That is why there are no links to my Bill Me Later account when I login to PayPal.  I never verified opening a new account nor was I notified of the new account.  I had to call PayPal customer service and ask for "CUSTOMER SERVICE"  I then had to select which one I wanted and I think the options I chose were "ACCOUNT INFORMATION" and then "COUPONS / SPECIAL OFFERS".  The bad news is they said they could not switch my accounts and the only thing for me to do is send in a payment to Bill Me Later and then close my account and reopen a new account from my PayPal account.  Considering that Bill Me Later won't even accept credit card payments, their system does not seem to work right and their customer service people could not determine what the problem was I'm just going to send payment and close my account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.