How do I stop pending charges?

katiemattie0608
New Community Member

I was trying to buy gifts online and had a gift card, and wanted to use my paypal for the rest of the balance. The problem is that the site wouldn't let me finish my transaction, three times and now I have three different pending charges to the site on my paypal account, and all for the complete amount due, even though I was supposed to be able to be using a gift card. How am I supposed to stop these charges when my account won't cover them, and contacting the site got me nowhere? They told me they couldn't find any order under my name, so I am presuming it never went through. Help!!!!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

ranstevens
Contributor
Contributor

I have a similar problem.  I tried to place an order on walmart.com and pay with paypal.  The paypal transaction went through but the walmart order did not.  Now I have no walmart order but I do have a pending transaction with PayPal and don't know how to cancel it.  Were you able to figure this out?

Login to Me Too

Nelly
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same exact problem.  I have 3 pending orders/transactions for the same thing.  I kept getting an error from paypal that there was a problem and I should return back to paypal.  But the transactions actually did process.

I want to cancel my transactions, but it won't let me.  The transaction is pending, so I should be able to cancel, but I can't.  The merchant has not received the transaction either.

I also had the problem where I had an transaction for the full amount, but one item did not clear with the merchant.

How can I resolve this?  Why can't I cancel?  What is wrong with paypal?

Login to Me Too

BMCD

I got the same problem. I think all we have to do is wait for that transaction to expire. Can't find the info for how long these pending transactions will expire. LOL! But, I'm sure it will expire Coz the merchant didn't get our order so they can't claim it. Just my 2 cents.

Login to Me Too

ranstevens
Contributor
Contributor

I'm guessing also that the pending transactions will expire at some point.  The lady I spoke to with walmart.com mentioned the typical 72 hours for hold transactions on credit cards to disappear.  I checked this morning and mine is definitely still pending but it has not been 72 hours yet.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.