How do I replace the paypal add to cart button with my own design button

banjoboy
Contributor
Contributor

I was wandering if anybody could help me.

I have created a button with a drop down options menu, which I have then embedded on my website.  The button works fine and once people select their ‘size’ from the drop down option menu they can then press ‘add to cart’ and progress to the paypal check out page.  All I want to do is change the paypal ‘add to cart’ button to my own stylish ‘add to cart’ button – how do I do this?

It seems to be easy to do when I create a button that has no drop down option menu, but when I make a button that has a drop down option menu, it generates the html code for websites but not the email hyperlink.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

skier
Advisor
Advisor

You would simply replace the PayPal button graphic with your own graphic.  Note, you must use the full path or URL and file name to where you graphic is stored.  If you want to get fancy, you can use some basic HTML code for a mouse rollover.  Here's one example and here is another one.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

banjoboy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi mate,

Thanks for the info, i've followed what you said and it all works well now.

I've now got one more problem to solve...

How do i get the paypal payment page to open up in a new separate window?  As soon as I click on the 'add to cart' button it goes straight to the check out pages, this could be quite annoying for a customer if they wanted to continue shopping?

Any advice on this would be much appreciated mate.

Cheers.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Problem - You want a New Window to open when using shopppig cart.

Change target="paypal" to target="_blank".

This will open a new browser window or tab for the shopping cart page.  Example:

<form target="_blank" action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">

The HTML command target="_blank" causes the link to open in a totally new browser window, leaving the page with the refering link still open behind it. Unlike Javascript pop ups, however, the developer has no control over the size of the resulting window - it just depends what the browser happened to do the last time they shut their browser down.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

banjoboy
Contributor
Contributor

That has worked a treat Smiley Happy

Cheers mate, thank you very much.

Login to Me Too

banjoboy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi mate,

I've got a new problem now -

The check out page opens up in a new window which is great, but it doesn't give the option to continue shopping it just proceeds straight to the check out page.

Normally when I shop on a site that is using paypal it first forwards to the 'add the cart' page and at the bottom it will have two buttons, one which reads 'continue shopping' and the other reads 'proceed to checkout'.

The problem on my site is that it does not go to that first page it just proceeds straight to the check out page - any ideas on how to sort this, otherwise shoppers will not be able to add more things to their cart.

Any tips on this would be great.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.