How can I get my money from a cheating seller?

tr_right
Contributor
Contributor

He promised me a refund, then didn't send it, and disputed my paypal claim!

A seller sold coupons on eBay, and lied in the listing.  He stated the coupons could be stacked and used over the phone and they couldn't.  He sent an email with coupons attached, and in the email it basically said, by the way, I wouldn't try to stack these or use them over the phone.

I demanded a refund, and he was rude about it but agreed.  He said in a couple days he would send the refund.  I waited 9 days and started emailing him about it, (it's over $160).  He never responded again.  I filed a dispute after warning him. He is fighting the dispute! I don't know how to send paypal the emails, he thinks since he sent the coupons through email he doesn't have to pay me.  He is reselling the codes for the coupons, but I don't get my money back???

I didn't use the coupons, and I'm not going to.  What should I do

Login to Me Too
28 REPLIES 28

popeye
Contributor
Contributor

we tried getting our money back from cc company. as pay pal told us to ask them. NO. they said. also refused by ebay and paypal, well, over 4,5 times. now. giving up. it was just 1500.00. that's all. for a item that did not work!  pay pal and ebay are letting their rising stardom affect their good american nature.

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

we tried getting our money back from cc company. as pay pal told us to ask them. NO. they said.

So your cc company also denied the chargeback

pay pal and ebay are letting their rising stardom affect their good american nature.

But you have no problem with your cc fro denying the chargeback

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@popeye wrote:

we tried getting our money back from cc company. as pay pal told us to ask them. NO. they said. also refused by ebay and paypal, well, over 4,5 times. now. giving up. it was just 1500.00. that's all. for a item that did not work!  pay pal and ebay are letting their rising stardom affect their good american nature.

What reason did your credit card company give for refusing you to dispute the charge?

Login to Me Too

popeye
Contributor
Contributor

they said they didn't cover things like that since i made the purchase.  only cover unauthorized purchases.....

still fighting this claim, as it was 1800.00, & he still does not reply.  So wrong.

We have to put over 500. in our purchase to get it running!!  We can't this year now, cos spent all money on stupid purchase, with a seller that has numerous names, and numerous living places.  i went higher, to see if can get help.

very frustrating no one will help. just the same old answers.  just isn't fair. you really need to revise your system, and listen to the honest people. you could tell if there honest, by reviewing emails, texts, or even sending someone to look at purchase, and see for yourself that we were a victim of fraud.  yea, it was pretty on the outside, but never ran!

Login to Me Too

popeye
Contributor
Contributor

is this a recording????  seems we all get the same answers.....  The world is giving into cheaters, as they don't feel like fighting for the honest people. sorry, but that's the way it seems.  Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too

temp201811153z
Contributor
Contributor

I was betting for a loptop on E-bay, bet $250.00 Did not win, But received E-mail From seller throw me E-bay, wish it was a power seller, checked looked real, He said it had more laptops, so I bought one, the only reason I did it's because paying throw paypal I thought it was safe but I have not received nothing can not find them talked to E-bay can't do nothing, Talked to Paypal The resolution department found that I was right But seller it's gone but since I bought it out of E-bay there,s nothing they can do, All they have to do it's set another paypal account with different name and they can scam half the country and get away with it, who can stop them, Paypal told me call police, dead end on any computer related problem, I would say any transaction throw paypal had to be secure, but Schemers have found the loophole on paypal to make their money out of people that believes on the system, some one tell me how can I get my money back and to stop this to happen to anybody again.

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@temp201811153z wrote:

I was betting for a loptop on E-bay, bet $250.00 Did not win, But received E-mail From seller throw me E-bay, wish it was a power seller, checked looked real, He said it had more laptops, so I bought one, the only reason I did it's because paying throw paypal I thought it was safe but I have not received nothing can not find them talked to E-bay can't do nothing, Talked to Paypal The resolution department found that I was right But seller it's gone but since I bought it out of E-bay there,s nothing they can do, All they have to do it's set another paypal account with different name and they can scam half the country and get away with it, who can stop them, Paypal told me call police, dead end on any computer related problem, I would say any transaction throw paypal had to be secure, but Schemers have found the loophole on paypal to make their money out of people that believes on the system, some one tell me how can I get my money back and to stop this to happen to anybody again.

There is limited protection for non ebay purchases.  You will only be refunded if the seller still has the funds in their Paypal account.

But if you funded the paypal payment with a credit card, you can contact your cc company and file a chargeback

Login to Me Too

popeye
Contributor
Contributor

Smiley Sadi feel for you.  I hope that you have better luck than we did. Our purchase was over a THOUSAND,  and we received NOTHING back.  I know i wrote, called ebay, paypal over 7 X now, & always given the same answer. We did contact police, but seller does not live in our state.

You may have luck going to the state they are from. That is what we are doing. Don't know how it will go, but it the state site , and has form, ect to fill out for victims of fraud.  Worth a try. I just mailed ours with " our email proofs, & texts",  cos paypal does not accept them.  But I believe the state will, & it cost you nothing, but lil time, paper, & stamp. 

You are so right!!!   Yes, they can get back on ebay, and sell under another name!!!  I did some searching on my own, and found out our cheating seller had over 4 names, emails, and states!!!!  The one contact we were trying, was family, (so they said), but just found out, that they have taken there name off ebay & paypal, & yahoo.  That is so we cannot contact them. they have to have a better system for these crooks that do this. who knows, we could of had the same seller!!  who knows!!!   it's us innocent ones that get nothing. JUst broken merchandise, and empty pocket..

Login to Me Too

popeye
Contributor
Contributor

i'll tell you the same thing that they told me..

emails don't count!!

that what for proof do you have????

i feel for you, as we lost over a THOUSAND dollars, and still got no where.

so i went to other people to help, and awaiting a answer.

it doesn't cost you anything, and just answer some questions.  worth a try. i am still trying, since sept. just found this place from a friend, & awaiting answer.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.