Hold on payments after delivery is confirmed?

nwGamers
New Community Member

I want to know you're experiences with this hold policy. I have sold multiple items on eBay and I always get a tracking number when I ship an item. I have confirmation that the items have been delivered but I still have holds on the money. I have also added the tracking numbers to paypal and to eBay. I have not however received any feedback yet. It has only been a few days since the items have been delivered but I want to know if I'm going to have to wait the full 20 day hold or if anyone has experience with this and can tell me how long it takes. Thanks

Login to Me Too
363 REPLIES 363

femsol
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@jayna5paige wrote:

Please check this out and sign up - I cannot believe more people have not signed up on this one!!!  I am so FED UP with ebay/paypal - as soon as I get my money I am closing both accounts and they can kma - If everybody would sign up here maybe something will happen - they have an attorney's office beginning to look into it - probably one of the many attorneys that have had their funds held too!    I am also getting some alternate auction sites.  I still need to sell what I can to make up for this fine MESS!! 

http://letssuepaypal.com

PAYPAL / EBAY NEEDS TO BE SUED

Hi Jayna5

I have been posting and reading the forum entitled:  HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!! which is up to 90 pages.  I believe it started in January which is when I had my funds hold-although I had emptied it and came to Paypal's forums to see what else is going on.

Today I thought I would check other forums to check what is being discussed and found this forum.

I am glad you posted the www.letssuepaypal.com as it costs nothing to register and post a story.  The law firm considering this doing its due diligence to see if it is worth their time and money.  A class action suit can be hard to put together but all you have to do is register.  Also there has been a lot of misinformation--a class action suit is based on a contingency of anywehre from 40-50% if it is won.  However as a person in the class no monies are required--the law firm fronts all fees until judgment or settlement.  It has been said by someone just making trouble that we would just be throwing our money away--not true.  But not to paint a good picture there is every chance that if we win and depending on the final amount the attorney will take his fee and expenses off the top. Personally I have moved on but I read the forums to offer support.  and I have registered for the class action suit because to me it is a matter of principle. 

I would like this community to know that last week there was a report from CNN that PayPal was halting PayPal in India and put their spin on it--YET yesterday as I was looking at the financial's and the news I found this very significant article from the New York Times International Click here: India’s Central Bank Suspends Some PayPal Services - NYTimes.com :   While PayPal was spinning it their way it turns out that it was in fact India's Central Bank  that suspended PayPal services.  This is important  as I have stated before PayPal has to meet all legal and monetary requirements for each country in which it conducts business. Many of us have been stating that PayPal is not a bank but thinks it has unlimited powers to do as they please.  I predict that the European Union may start delving into these same requirements and hopefully the US will follow

Thanks for letting me post on this forum.

Login to Me Too

temp201811152e
Contributor
Contributor

That's because I'm about so seek out a lawyer that will take on a class action lawsuit against paypal. That's why.

Login to Me Too

marianlptr
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Well I would like to let you know how my story ended. But first I would like to thank everyone for their information on how paypal is handling this situation.  It was because of this forum that I was on the defense during the whole transaction. I had 2 transactions that were on hold for 21 days: 1 for 45.00 and 2 days later another for 66.00.   Well after I accepted the fact that there was no way I could talk them into early release of my money, I decided to follow their directions and  took my items to the post office  and paid the additional postage to track the items- I didn't feel comfortable about relying on my buyers to provide feedback- as I know I am busy too and there is a lot of feedback I have not gotten to on my purchases. Make sure when you go online to USPS - to have them notify you by e-mail when the package is delivered.   I then was told to go into paypal and add the tracking number to the transaction, but that did not work - everytime i tried to enter the transaction number I kept getting a server error, so I called their support again and the first agent told me that she would enter it.  I then called paypal back to have them check on my release of funds, the 2nd agent told me that I would need to go into paypal a enter the tracking number - I explained to her that I had done this just yesterday - she said she would take care of it, stating that it must not have gone through.  This time I took the name of the person I was speaking to along with a confirmation number I requested on this transaction and the agent's ID#.    So my next call to them was on the day (it was a Friday)  that I received an e-mail from USPS that my first package for 45.00  had been delivered and wanted to make sure that my money would be released as promised. I spoke to Nicole ID#42514.  She said before anything could happen she would need me to enter my tracking number on paypal - I was angry and explained to her that I had done this 2 times this week!  She said that the last agent I spoke to must have dropped the ball and not take care of the issue as I was told! I felt lucky that I had taken the name of the 2nd agent along with her ID# and I proceeded to give it to Nicole.  She said she would make sure that action was taken with the 2nd agent I spoke to and assured me that on Monday my money would be released (their policy is that money would be released 3 days after confirmation of delivery, no matter if the buyer had provided feedback or not) and that I would receive an e-mail on the 3rd day stating that my money had been released.   So here it was - Monday and I had not received an e-mail from  pay pal that my funds had been released - so another call to paypal.  At this time I was furious!  I spoke to a man (I have misplaced his name and ID number but if you need please e-mail me  and will try to locate it as you may want to try to contact him on your issues).  The man I spoke to was nice and it was unfortuanate for him that he received my call, because at this time I was furious.  The conversations started out with me asking him where my money was- that promised to me on Friday ! I had followed all the procedures required by paypal - which ended up costing me money:   additional funds to send quicker and additional funds to track - which I did not pass on to the buyer because when I listed my items on EBAY, I had no idea I would have to go through this bull@*&) to get my money!  He began to tell me that I would first have to enter my tracking number on Pay Pal, - this is when I lost it!!!  (I did however get this agent's name and ID number before I lost it)   It was at this time that am sure I said some things that were not nice. . . in this state of mind I don't even remember all of it, but I did go on to tell him that I had read the postings on this forum and didn't actually believe this was happening,  but now I did. I proceeded to tell him that I think this is a scam that paypal is doing and  I asked him if he was involved!  I also think I referred to him as scum - stating that paypal only hires scum bags liars because everyone I spoke to had lied to me!!! He told me that he would not speak to anyone that has an attitude like mine and I said fine - just pass me onto your supervisor and I will climb the ladder and eventually get this resolved - as I am a single parent of a child in college and unemployed after being laid off for from working for a company after 5 years of service - just 1 week before I was to receive a 5 year bonus, and I have the time to stay on this phone and do whatever it takes and I am not getting off the phone until this is resolved and if he is s I am not nice! ! !  I called him by name and said he better not dare hang up on me either!. I proceeded to explain to him the chain of events and how I  had tried on many occasions to to enter the tracking number and kept getting the server error, along with the final performance from Nicole on how she was going to take action on the other worthless agent I spoke to and telling me that she entered the tracking number and promised the funds release Monday.  I then found out that Nicole had flat out lied - because no agent is permitted to go into anyone's account and manually enter a tracking number which explains why everytime I went onto paypal and my account summary the tracking number did not show up!  But even after telling my "chain of events" story he proceeded to ask me to try again to enter my tracking number - I then went nuts and said this is total bull$#@&!  But anyhow - I went on paypal and tried to enter the tracking number 5 times with the same error message!  I told him I had had enough and he had better help me out or pass me onto his supervisor and that I had his name and agent # and after I got this resolved I would be back to deal with him!  He put me on hold and came back to inform me that he had just released my funds of $45.00 and I should have an e-mail confirming this, as we speak. 

At this time I  also wanted to give the agent my tracking number for the second package of $66.00 that had just been delivered today and he better enter it in his notes,  because I had sent this 2-3 day priority, it was confirmed delivered today and would be back in 3 days to contact him personally if it was not released.  He put me on hold and proceeded to tell me that he got it approved through his supervisor to release these funds today instead of their policy of 3 days after confirmation of delivery!  So this proves that they have the power to override the release of funds even though they tell you that it is EBAY that puts the hold on the funds.  I believe it is part of a scam that EBAY is pulling and I told the agent that it would be a cold day in H___ before I ever sell on ebay again and that I went onto e-bay took  off all my credit card information from invoicing for auto bill pay and when I received the bill for my listing fees from E-Bay I will proceed to inform them that I don't have a problem paying the fees, but they were going to wait for 21 days before I release my funds!  I dare them to go into my account unauthorized and charge me!  I will let you know if this happens, but maybe not because I may be in jail due to my actions!  Please keep in mind I am generally a very nice person until somebody tries to SC___ me!

Login to Me Too

jayna5paige
Contributor
Contributor

Hello marianlptr - I can SO relate to your situation!!  And I am not the only one - please check out this link

http://letssuepaypal.com

Login to Me Too

marianlptr
Contributor
Contributor

Hello jayna5paige

Thanks for that link.  As you can see I did get my money, but I will tell you it is not paypals fault - it is EBAY that puts the hold on your money.  I have a shop on another site ETSY.COM - its a site to sell handmade goods and I make barbie doll clothes.  I have done several transactions and not once had a problem with paypal- but I will say paypal does have the control to make choices and they obviously do them only when under pressure.  I will definately keep that site in my favorites and I will print, as I do want to read it !  Thanks again!

Login to Me Too

jayna5paige
Contributor
Contributor

Hello again.  I'm not sure if you realize this, I didn't know this at first, but ebay owns paypal.  So, ebay is paypal, paypal is ebay, I'm not sure what or how it all works, but I have never used paypal until I got back into selling a bit more on ebay again last year.  Everything went fine, I didn't mind too much that I felt ebay forced me to use paypal, until one day paypal held my funds.  I always have accepted money orders or checks only.  I get the money, then I ship the item.  I have still never had any complaints, and have 100% positive feedback.  I am checking out taking credit cards that charge $.25 per transaction, which I think is not that bad anymore, although I don't really want to have to pay any of their fees since I am a very small time seller.  I'm glad to hear you have had no problems on a different site and I hope it stays that way.  I was so upset when paypal held funds again for no reason after quite a few smooth transactions.  Frustrating phone calls, no answers, just fees for ebay, fees for paypal, and holding funds for as long as they feel like it sent me into a tazmanian she-devil routine that left me fed up.  So, all I can say now is best of luck to us all!!

Login to Me Too

marianlptr
Contributor
Contributor

Wow! I did not know that paypal and ebay were one and the same! Thanks for letting me know this.  A while back I read about 2 other sites that are similar to pay pal :  moneybookers and paymate - does anyone have any feedback on these two?  I would love to switch, but I have not noticed any sellers using them?

Login to Me Too

557F150
Contributor
Contributor

I'M  BACK WITH GOOD NEWS FOR ME. WELL  AFTER THREE WEEKS MY FUNDS HELD WAS UP TO $1100 I WAS GETTING FRUSTRATED SO AGAIN I ATTEMPTED TO CALL PAYPAL. TO MY SURPRISE AFTER LISTENING TO A LONG MENU I HIT THE 0 BUTTON AND GOT TO SPEAK TO A REP. AFTER A LONG CONVERSATION HE SAID  YOU DID EVERYTHING RIGHT SO HE THAN TRANSFERRED   ME TO SOMEONE ELSE WHO ALSO LISTENED TO MY COMPLAINT SHE ALSO AGREED THAT I DID NOTHING WRONG AND RELEASED MY FUNDS. SO I WILL GIVE THEM ONE MORE CHANCE BECAUSE WHEN IT WORKS IT DOES GOOD FOR ME.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!

Login to Me Too

popculturizm
Contributor
Contributor

duh? 3 weeks = 21 days, so they actually did nothing for you except make more $$$ off the 1100.00 they had you park with them, and how much interest did they give you for that loan. That's the catch if were a month thye'd have to give interest 3 weeks they don't and just wash the extra cash thru their system, just like a ponzi scheme.

hey if your a new advisor does that mean you work for Paypal?

Login to Me Too

marianlptr
Contributor
Contributor

I am glad to hear of a release of funds, especially that large amount.  I was surprised about you having to dial O for operator and the long wait on the phone.  I am sure everyone know, but I would just like to remind everyone that the best way to reach someone and get quick agent is to go into pay pal, click the phone support option and write down your code number, so that when you call in the agents seem to get to you quicker and they have your account ready to discuss.

Thanks,

Mariann

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.