Hold on payments after delivery is confirmed?

nwGamers
New Community Member

I want to know you're experiences with this hold policy. I have sold multiple items on eBay and I always get a tracking number when I ship an item. I have confirmation that the items have been delivered but I still have holds on the money. I have also added the tracking numbers to paypal and to eBay. I have not however received any feedback yet. It has only been a few days since the items have been delivered but I want to know if I'm going to have to wait the full 20 day hold or if anyone has experience with this and can tell me how long it takes. Thanks

Login to Me Too
363 REPLIES 363

Amanda411

Hi ScottinOH,

The same Seller Protection Policy applies to an eligible transaction whether or not it is held. This method of ensuring that sellers have sufficient funds in their account if, for example, a customer files a dispute allows PayPal to provide a fast and secure payment service to you and your customers while keeping our prices competitive.

As many seller's already do, if you ship in accordance with the Seller Protection Policy and provide PayPal with online proof of delivery then your payment can be released 3 days after delivery or sooner if your buyer leaves positive feedback.

Learn more here:

https://www.paypal.com/paymentholds

Amanda

Login to Me Too

SideshowBill
Contributor
Contributor

You can try and justify and rationalize  this policy all you want but all it is doing is HURTING SELLERS AND BUYERS ALIKE!!! I have over $500 in funds YOU are holding, most of it on items ALREADY CONFIRMED TO BE DELIVERED. I NEED THESE FUNDS TO PAY OTHER BUYERS. THEY HAVE TO WAIT. I ALSO HAVE TO DELAY SHIPPING ON OTHER ITEMS I HAVE SOLD.

YOU ARE HURTING EVERYBODY. YOU AREN'T PROTECTING BUYERS. WHY DO YOU HAVE A RESOLUTION PROCEDURE IN PLACE IF YOU ARE JUST GOING TO DECIDE TO RESOLVE PROBLEMS THAT DON'T EVEN EXIST YET??

ALSO, EVERYTIME I CALL THE CUSTOMER SERVICE LINE YOUR REPS HAVE A DIFFERENT OR NEW EXPLANATION FOR WHY I DON'T HAVE MY MONEY!!! THE STORY KEEPS CHANGING, OR THEY ARE JUST STUPID.

I CAN'T FORCE ANYONE TO LEAVE FEEDBACK. THEREFORE A PERSON CAN HAVE MY PROPERTY IN THEIR HANDS FOR 2-3 WEEKS BEFORE I AM PAID FOR THAT PROPERTY. DO YOU NOT SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT? ON AN ETHICAL LEVEL??

PAYPAL IS MAKING IT EASIER FOR PEOPLE TO STEAL AND BE DISHONEST. YOU HAVE MADE NOTHING BETTER.

I, TOO, HAVE FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE STATE OF ILLINOIS. AND I HAVE FROZEN MY SELLING. ONCE I RECEIVE ALL OF MY MONEY I AM CLOSING MY ACCOUNT, AND FIGURING OUT AN ALTERNATIVE. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN THE HIGHWAY ROBBERY PAYPAL IS COMMITING AGAINST BUYER AND SELLERS ALIKE.

SHAME ON YOU.

Login to Me Too

karen47
Contributor
Contributor

You hit the nail on the head!! thank you....I am so mad I cant even figure out where to turn to first....I am filing a complaint with the U.S. Government FTC - i found a link here in these postings...I have to get all the info first before i file a claim against PayPal.

Login to Me Too

jstagirl24
Contributor
Contributor

If your items are delivered with tracking its seriously annoying but email them with the item number and the proof of delivery and they will release your funds sooner. Dont let them get you. I am in the process of setting up an electronic cash register through authorizedotnet. Same fees apply except your money gets deposited directly into your account without requesting it and they are setting it up for me for free and attaching it to my ebay.  Also it seems that ebay has taken on the responsibility of insuring the buyer and not one of my last 6 sales has had a hold on it. Im still leaving paythief as soon as I can but just thought Id throw this out whenever I can.

Login to Me Too

crisandi
New Community Member

I completly agree. I was beyond appauld when my fiance sold his WOW account to someone using Paypal for the sale just to be told it was being disputed for fraud. Paypal has managed to allow people to be complete felons and rob people blind. Not only did the email address and names all match for the person who bought it from him, but he even sent an email saying he would keep there chat records on file in case HE got scammed. We offered all this information to Paypal in order to fight for our selves to not be out the money and they said they did not want it, it did not matter. So now we are out the money and the item. Paypal has burned this bridge FOREVER.

Login to Me Too

jayna5paige
Contributor
Contributor

I just saw this...

..Hmmmm 

http://letssuepaypal.com

Login to Me Too

plasticpony51
Contributor
Contributor

Oh and by the way, this is a post from ' Paul ' aka: one of us turned 'new advisor' , from january when he seemed to hate Pisspal, as he affectionately calls them.

Re: this is joke on us.

This crap with paypal and ebay the boss caused many former stores including my own which was selling like hotcakes to suddenly close because ebay got its 2.9 percent cut and pispal got its 2.9 percent cut of my scant profits then they took 33%in the rolling reserve and i had to endure 6 months of subsidizing my store and what a joke that was.When the monster of greed wakes up after it lost most members that wont take their corruption any more then they will ask us to come back that they are under a new president and things have changed then it will be the same manoor all over again.

Missplasticpony

Login to Me Too

cjones
New Community Member

I have experienced the same issue.  I have sent several emails to customer support with no response.  The buyer has already provided a positive response and fedex has already confirmed delivery.  I have noticed a huge decline is service from Paypal and to add salt on the wound Ebay is dunning me for the dang fee when they are holding my money.

ERRG!! This service **bleep** more and more everyday and as a long term customer I will be looking at other options to sell my stuff online.

Login to Me Too

popculturizm
Contributor
Contributor

I agree Paypal is simply running a scam, to gain interest on the funds they are holding for thousand of their "users", First they just out of the "BLUE" say they will hold your funds for 15 days (fact is it's 20 days) , when you ask about one of the "community props" tells you it's what Merchant banks do, of course Pyapl is not a Merchant Bank (if they were they would give you the "user" the interest on your money) I suggest filing a complaint with the Attorney General of the State of California as well as the FTC (Federal Trade Commision), It's what we have done so far , as soon as the 100 (hundreds) of dollars they are holding (stealing) from us is returned we are closing our account , **bleep** paypal the worst service anywhere.

Login to Me Too

Joendanielle
Contributor
Contributor

I am so UPSET right now that words can't describe. So I sell a dress to a girl in Germany(mistake number 1) and she claims that she didn't get it and opens a disput with paypal. Well paypal hold the funds of $140.00 until either I pay it or she closes the dispute. I then provide in the detail box the tracking customs number for proof thinking that because it's proof she has nothing to stand on...well I was wrong. Me providing a tracking number did nothing. She is not closing the dispute and now in order to use paypal  I have to dish out the $140.00 out of my pocket. So not only am I out a very expensive DVF dress but I'm out $140.00 as well. How is it even legally possible that this could happen. Boy some people know how to run a scam. I contacted Paypal and told them that they should wait to hear the other party's side and see if they have proof of delivery  before they go and take hold of the money. But no they take the buyers word for it without even hearing from the seller. They should not just take the sellers money and put a hold ontheir account until all the information from both sides is provided. How is that fair or right?? How can they legally do this to people. I am FUMING!!! Basically I'm out my money and dress....and that girl has the dress and money....what goes around comes around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.