Hold on payments after delivery is confirmed?

nwGamers
New Community Member

I want to know you're experiences with this hold policy. I have sold multiple items on eBay and I always get a tracking number when I ship an item. I have confirmation that the items have been delivered but I still have holds on the money. I have also added the tracking numbers to paypal and to eBay. I have not however received any feedback yet. It has only been a few days since the items have been delivered but I want to know if I'm going to have to wait the full 20 day hold or if anyone has experience with this and can tell me how long it takes. Thanks

Login to Me Too
363 REPLIES 363

paul
Contributor
Contributor
We must take the time out of our busy days and lives and think through our bitterness and check the situation and get the facts about why the funds dont get released on the dime.Pay Pal is not at fault 100% of the time and they are not out to get us buyers and sellers alike and the fact is they are here to help us and we have the money before the buyer sees the item and with any business a bit of operating capital needs to be available and running an e-bay pro-store like I had did not have much money when it was selling and I was forced to retreat and e-bay_pay pal was not to blame nor were the rules,pay pal is not perfect and neither so lets be realistic and less narrow minded.I promise to return as a seller a better educated seller after I save the capital to the wonderful opportunity to earn that pay pal and the other party E-BAY.praise Jesus that they still are here.
Login to Me Too

plasticpony51
Contributor
Contributor

Paul,

My guess would be that you work for Preypal?

Your job is to make us feel a little better about using Preypal, not make fun of the thousands of outlined problems in this forum.

My other guess is, that you are a voluntary advisor, because I don't think that there's any way that Preypal would be shelling out money for a person who ,instead of solving problems, throws religious tantrums in peoples faces.

To me, you sound like a second grader who can't properly articulate himself/herself and quiet honestly your presence on this board just confirms that PREYPAL does NOT CARE about it's customers! 

Do you think we like wasting our time on trivial things like ranting on some random message board?  THERE IS A REASON WHY PEOPLE ARE FRUSTRATED AND ANGRY!!

Men lie, women lie, BUT NUMBERS DON"T LIE!!! Look at the amount of people that are experiencing the same problem. What are you, Preypal, gonna do about that? What are you gonna do about those numbers ???                              

I'm very upset & dissapointed that, not only do we have to worry about our money being frozen , but that our problems are amusing to you Paul. Preypal, next btime you wanna try to make a little "effort" in helping us, please don't send an ignorant **bleep** like Paul on this board!

For all who want to complain about PREYPAL here is a link to the better business bureau:

Take action!!!

https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/complaintlink.aspx

Thank you all for standing up for what's right!

Yours truly,

Missplasticpony

Login to Me Too

557F150
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you plasticpony51 for your comments and for the link and for standing up to PAUL I too am tired of the hassle with paypal. I have been with them for 11 years now and they have let buyers cheat me more than once with little or no help. You would think they would want to protect the ones that pay their salary instead of the buyers you may only buy one or twice a year. I will be will you all the way. Thanks again and let us all who agree enough is enough an get them exposed.

Login to Me Too

557F150
Contributor
Contributor

I just sent a complaint to the BBB in my state if everyone effected by this ridiculous holding of ours funds maybe paypal will listen to are pleas. Pass the link below to everyone you know . Inner www.paypal.com for them to find their address in CA.

https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/complaintlink.aspx

Login to Me Too

skossocu
New Community Member

I have experienced the same thing. I sold an item on Dec. 11 and I added a tracking number.  It was confirmed that it was delivered on Dec. 18. The buyer never left any feedback and my funds are still pending. It is now the 24 and still no money. Plus even when the money is available we are expected for the transfer to our accounts to be an additional 7 days. This is completely unethical to hold our money this long. I will never sell on ebay again!

Login to Me Too

tuggie
Contributor
Contributor

PAYPAL SHOULD BE SHOT!   When did they start this insane policy to hold funds until the buyer leaves feedback??? 

I'm currently unemployed and can barely pay my bills.  After a computer glitch at the unemployment office caused a delay in my weekly benefits, I worked my tail off  listing and selling over $1700 worth of merchandise.   I desperately needed the funds to cover pending checks for bills.   You can imagine my financial nightmare when Paypal sent me a payment notification saying they were holding the funds for 21 days or until the buyer leaves feedback!!!   Since when? 

Normally the funds were available immediately!   With this delay I had NO money to put in my account.  When all the pending charges hit, it was like a bomb went off in my checking account!   By noon I already had 2 insufficient fund fees of $32 dollars Each with 3 more pending charges to go.   I plead with the bank to no avail.   They couldn't do anything.  If I didn't get  money in my account by 5pm,  I was looking at another $96 in fees!   The officer adviced me to borrow money from my family, which I eventually broke down and did.    I had to borrow money to cover my bank balance AND SHIPPING FEES TO SEND THE EBAY MERCHANDISE!   I am completely disgusted.     

Paypal should at least release the shipping funds so that seller won't have so much out of pocket expense before receiving their money.    I have other items I want to sell right now and can't because of the shipping expense!  The days of ebay being a great way to make money are GONE!

Login to Me Too

JRL
Contributor
Contributor

I completely agree! This is total Bs! My bills will not wait while they collect interest on MY money. After my last sales on ebay, I'm finding a different site. Paypal **bleep**!

Login to Me Too

ScottInOH
Contributor
Contributor

Thankfully, I was able to speak with a honest and ethical PayPal person (I know, a fluke for sure) who released my money.  I'm sure they probably got into trouble for it.  But I stand by my initial statement - I will NEVER use PayPal for ANYTHING ever again.  This was a TERRIBLE experience and could have been much worse!  Of my two transactions, this is how things went down.

Transaction #1 - A perfect vintage accordion.  $1500 value sold for $700 auction.  Great deal!  Perfect condition, professionally serviced, played by me the day I mailed it.  Professionally packed inside and out as an accordion needs to be and mailed in special packaging box custom configured for proper shipment of an accordion and shipped immediately the next day with a Priority mail upgrade paid for by me to expidite things along.  Buyer gets it.  Buyer magically claims that the accordion is "damaged" and I call him.  Buyer is obviously buying multiple accordions because he has to ask me which one I am calling him about.  (Everybody's accordion must have a problem!)  Buyer claims that a key on the accordion won't play a note and proceeds to play an accordion demonstrating the "sour" note.  i question the buyer.  He does not actually "play" the accordion but is buying them for "a friend".  I ask him to play the other notes in the accordion and press the register buttons to enable various reed blocks.  He must think I am an idiot and don't know what my accordion sounds like, because what he is playing IS NOT my accordion at all!  Not even close.  He is playing some 2 reed Chinese junk and trying to claim it is my 3 / 4 reeds Italian jewel.  I tell him that what he is playing in not my accordion!  Long Silent Pause...  Buyer then "offers" to keep it if I will accept less money for it!  Ha!  Right.  I tell him the return policy which is clearly stated in the information screen.  He has 3 days to return it to me in exactly the same condition I sent it to him for a full refund.  He needs to pay to send it back to me fully insured and I will refund all of his money.  He says he will ask his friend.  3 days later he says, "we'll keep it".  Chiseler and Cheat!  PayPal protects this scum!?!

Transaction #2 - Brand new memory chips removed from a brand new computer due to memory upgrade.  Buyer bitches to me that auction is US/Canada only so I relent and let him bid.  (From Singapore)  Buyer tells me he has confirmed shipping address in USA so getting release for PayPal is no problem.  Professionally packaged and shipped immediately the next day with a Priority mail upgrade paid for by me to expidite things along.  Politely email buyer about leaving feedback as per our previous emails, to release my funds from PayPal.  Buyer sends back this piece of crap  "On vacation out of the country at the moment. Upon my return I'll test the units and leave feedback as appropriate. thanks".  Are you kidding me?  You'll get around to it when you get around to it knowing full well that my money is being held up!  What a crock this is!

How was I, the SELLER, protected by PayPal in this transaction?  What exactly did I receive for my exorbitant fees I paid them?  NOTHING.

Again, BY SHEER DUMB LUCK, I was able to speak with a decent PayPal representative who released all my finds which I promptly sent to my bank account and then closed the account.  I will never need it again and I will never accept or use PayPal for anything.  They are not ethical and do nothing for the person whi is paying them, THE BUYER!

Goodbye and Good Riddance PayPal.  You've lost this customer for life and anybody who I can tell my story to as well!

Only a fool would subject themselves to PayPal anymore.  What a joke!

Login to Me Too

ScottInOH
Contributor
Contributor

Correction:  PayPal is not ethical becuase they do nothing to protect the person who is paying them, THE SELLER!  yet they do everything to facilitate bad faith on the part of the BUYER.

This is inexcusable.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.