Hold on payments after delivery is confirmed?

nwGamers
New Community Member

I want to know you're experiences with this hold policy. I have sold multiple items on eBay and I always get a tracking number when I ship an item. I have confirmation that the items have been delivered but I still have holds on the money. I have also added the tracking numbers to paypal and to eBay. I have not however received any feedback yet. It has only been a few days since the items have been delivered but I want to know if I'm going to have to wait the full 20 day hold or if anyone has experience with this and can tell me how long it takes. Thanks

Login to Me Too
363 REPLIES 363

karen47
Contributor
Contributor

they are crooks and have absolutely no answers ... just stall and spoon feed you payments...I spent half my morning talking to PAYPAL then EBAY 4 different people no 5...then after all that...i was able to get 2 small payments released..I .have 100% feedback high DSR's no problems now this...they are a pack of liars...I read to them the exemptions...they just stall and put you on hold...like you aint got nothing else to do...they should be ashamed to work for those people and i told em so...checking out eBid...nothings perfect but i have to do something...talk about taxation without representation - I hope they get wrung out by some sharp lawyer or the better business bureau...or Federal Entity...

Login to Me Too

Pure_brandi
Contributor
Contributor

So I'm basically at the mercy of the buyer, whether he decides to leave me ANY feedback (because I already shipped the item...silly me) determines if I'll get my money before the 21 day mark? WOW paypal...BAAAAD move...

Login to Me Too

MRkple
Contributor
Contributor

It is BS that the funds are held, but mine were released within 3 days of -positive feedback.  Make sure to contact the buyer and tell them to leave feedback, funds should be released in 72hrs.  If not, I would call!

In saying that, I received the email saying that the funds were released and I went to my account history, to find no balance.  Does anyone know how to get the $$ once it IS released?

I hope that everyone gets their issues resolved!

Login to Me Too

Pure_brandi
Contributor
Contributor

Update on my (our) situation. I had to play hard ball a little bit with the buyer of my item to get him to leave me feedback by using questionable methods but guess what...low and behold this morning after him FINALLY leaving me feedback my money was MAGICALLY done pending and instantly in my account to use. I hate to use methods of pushing people that have given me money for products, in turn helping me financially...but it was required to get out of this Paypal disaster!

I've researched and found Moneybookers and Paymate to be the top two other competitors. They seem pretty straight forward (like paypal before this crap happened) but the only downside is I dont think they have debit/credit card options like paypal does to make your funds more accessable. Anybody have any experience with them or know if they do have those options?

Login to Me Too

kieclass2012

ABout this new hold policy crap its abserd! i just recently sold a cell phone in almost perfect condition fo 80 bucks. no biggy. but when i went to buy somthing off of my paypal account it said "no funds available" so i was think what the **bleep**! i just sold somin for $80 so i went and checked it and it said " Hold until feb 19" i was like what in the **bleep**? what low life has the right to do such a thing. that new hold policy is a new way for crookes to get away with somin such as stealin. i mean its just not right. i got my payment still waitng on a positive feedback. now i got a **bleep**in hold on my account so i can not have my money to transfer to my bank account which is so **bleep** retarted. once this transaction is through im am done with paypal. they can stick there money up there asses. i dont give a flyin **bleep** if they do kick me off of here after this because quite frankly they themselves are a bunch of crookes. i haevent got time to wait 21 days for my money to be "allowed" to me. its my **bleep** money and if they want refund they cant have it anyway because they was no refund with the phone! so what the **bleep** paypal. either you need to get your **bleep** straight or i hope to god yall burn in **bleep** for what yall are doin! Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

sm1715
Contributor
Contributor

EVERYONE DO THIS!!!! YOU TOOK THE TIME TO READ AND REPLY TO THIS TOPIC  NOW GO TO THE BBB AND FILE A COMPLAINT! IT IS EASY AND ONLY TAKES A COUPLE MINUTES  DON'T THINK ABOUT IT - JUST DO IT.. I WOULD POST LINKS BUT THEY WOULD PROBABLY BE REMOVED. WE HAVE TO STICK TOGETHER!!!! JUST TALKING ABOUT IT WON'T SOLVE ANYTHING - BUT IF WE ALL TAKE ACTION, WE MIGHT GET SIOMEWHERE. TELL YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY TOO! LET'S SEE HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL DO THIS. REPLY TO THIS WITH "I FILED A COMPLAINT ON __\__\__", AND SHARE YOUR STORY IF YOU WANT TOO.       ~SHARON - I FILED A COMPLAINT ON 2/1/10!

Login to Me Too

steve3433
New Community Member

this is just ridiculous. ebay thinks it can do whatever they want since they are like a monopoly. 

totally **bleep** off. as soon as I can find a better service / website, I am going to drop ebay/paypal like a hot potato. 

Login to Me Too

cymaticscan
Contributor
Contributor

i have been on ebay for years. just bought a view camera for $525. the seller calls me and says what's up with the 21 day hold??? I say wtf??? he's been on ebay for years. the funds have been removed from my account and paypal shows that his account is credited with the $$$. Not so. Then I check in with forum and holy s**t. this is wild. BAU (business as usual) for large corporations. This is no longer the "homey", "every mans" (womans) selling site anymore. This is big business. Banks have been called on this practice. (holding funds) and they walk a tight rope. But here, there is (ha ha) no need for oversight. I agree with others on this forum. Public sentiment means nothing if it doesn't cost them. Lets not be so (I'm guilty of this too) in a hurry to get our money/item. Remember when we would sell on ebay and wait to receive the payment through the mail? Wow. Now it's instant gratification. If you want to, allow cashiers checks etc. so you don't have to wait for funds to clear. And.... OMG maybe even consider accepting personal checks and waiting for the funds to clear before shipping. Lets face it, it's up to you (any seller) to decide. I am going back to accepting any form of payment with paybuddy bull s88t the last option. I'm in complete agreement with others... file complaints. Stop doing business this way. hit them in the pocket book. It might not work. So....remember... talk is worthless unless you are willing to stand behind your words. take action. Consider...being strong, standing your ground, slowing down with payments, and taking the profits out of the "middlemans" hands and putting it back in YOUR pocket. I'd love to hear from you, and what your "changes" are.

Login to Me Too

temp201808262d
Contributor
Contributor

I want to know something .If the money is on hold, then why is it PAPAL can dip their dirty mitts into it for their payment .. Why don't they have to wait? ..What's good for the goose apparently isn't good for the gander and that's where my problem is .

If I can not touch it... What on earth gives them the right to ?    I definitely did not!!!!!.

Pay Pal has turned into SCUM BAGS  Myself and 12 of my co workers are all dropping our accounts  We  are all going to do it all at the same time. We want them to notice it !  

If anyone else wants to help make that number really hit them where it hurts drop a note here I'll respond with date and time. We would like to get a few hundred, and judging by the complaints in here that's shouldn't be problem ..

Thanks

~Rick~          Man Mad

Login to Me Too

rhondahonda
Contributor
Contributor

yea man. they haven't paid me for 3 books i sold. it's disgusting and i will never use them again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.