Hold on payments after delivery is confirmed?

nwGamers
New Community Member

I want to know you're experiences with this hold policy. I have sold multiple items on eBay and I always get a tracking number when I ship an item. I have confirmation that the items have been delivered but I still have holds on the money. I have also added the tracking numbers to paypal and to eBay. I have not however received any feedback yet. It has only been a few days since the items have been delivered but I want to know if I'm going to have to wait the full 20 day hold or if anyone has experience with this and can tell me how long it takes. Thanks

Login to Me Too
363 REPLIES 363

femsol
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Well done Shelton,

This is the main thrust of the problem--eBay/Paypal needed to bring up their fourth quarter earnings that were expected to be below expectations.  So PayPal starts holding funds  for new sellers  in December but the bulk of us were subjected to the holds in January.  Guess what eBay was able to post better than expected profits and one financial analyst said it was due to PayPal's performance--performance??? Right they held our funds.  My account which had -0- dollars was held and then the beginning of February I recieved a notice that I would not be subject to holds. 

I wish you would post this on the other forum "Horrible Idea" as there must be some PayPal people posting and saying we have to accept this policy and nothing can be done.  You just proved them wrong even though we should not have to go to those extremes.  Good for you for knowing the right words and names to drop when you finally reached someone who knew as well as you did that they were making money on our money so they released your holds to keep you quite.  The buyer protection reasoning is just a sham.

This is a financial site I found that I check out of curiosity throughout the day.  It updates eBays stock price and provides you with financial news and speculation about eBay including news that may affect eBay in the future such as how well Amazon is doing and articles relating to the possibility of google entering the auction market.

http://www.techinvestornews.com/eBay/page-one.html

In fact I just read a snippet of the fact that  the European Union is going to begin to require that those who sell on line must have a brick and mortar store--naturally eBay is fighting that especially after PayPal was stopped from doing business in India until they comply with their monetary policies.

Login to Me Too

popculturizm
Contributor
Contributor

I'd partial agree with Paypal fudging numbers, It's pretty clear that something is wrong, I got an email from one Paypal "Rep stating that they had become a "Merchant Bank", when I double checked witht the State of California, I wasn't surprised to find out this was not true. And filed a complaint with the Attorney General's office (In California). I am not a new Paypal or eBay user (Over 10 years) and for Paypal simply to "Start" holding funds for no apparent reason and out of the blue (and breaking their own standards) simply smells to high heaven, I truly believe that Paypal is a Ponzi scheme and nothing more, there are no protections for users (none) no insurance (from the FDIC), I the past when Paypal has gone Dark (the site has crashed) they scrambled to fix the problems, Now with their business no longer bases in the U.S., what will will do when they go dark or simply disappear , that's why I have begun taking alternative means of payment and will be winding paypal down to less that 250.00 per month (instead of 2000.00) enough is enough WE ARE THE REAL CUSTOMERS and are treated like **bleep**!!!!

Login to Me Too

tavorgene
Contributor
Contributor

So , PayPal holds our money. So what about shipping fees we are respnsible for. How the heck do we  do that ?

And we have to buy our supplies.

This is the most outrageos thing I have ever heard of.

What other options do we have other than PayPal ?

Login to Me Too

Amanda411

@tavorgene wrote:

So , PayPal holds our money. So what about shipping fees we are respnsible for. How the heck do we  do that ?

And we have to buy our supplies.

This is the most outrageos thing I have ever heard of.

What other options do we have other than PayPal ?

Hi tavorgene,

If you print labels and pay for shipping through PayPal or eBay, the cost of shipping will be released from your pending balance shortly after purchase. Printing labels on eBay and PayPal is free. You're charged only the cost of shipping.

For information check here:

https://www.paypal.com/paymentholds

Amanda

Login to Me Too

temp201808262d
Contributor
Contributor

Great job Shelton !!!!! great job sir!!!!,  Id say keep after them !!! We all should go after the interest they owe us  I bet they fire their financial adviser that dreamed up this scheme to begin with!!! SCUM PAL

Login to Me Too

tavorgene
Contributor
Contributor

I do not see how we can be forced to put postage  on & mail these winnings to buyers , when they do not even release money for postage payment.

This is not right at all. So what are our options besides PayPal ?

Thanks ,

Sholly7

Login to Me Too

johnR
Contributor
Contributor

I closed ebay and paypal account.  end of pain.  Good luck to you all.

Login to Me Too

rhondahonda
Contributor
Contributor

can you direct me how to do that? Thanks.

Login to Me Too

satellitemax
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, I have verification of delivery yesterday....NOW WHAT? This is bull.....Craigs List - Awesome, at least you get paid!

Login to Me Too

nopaal
Contributor
Contributor

I can't find the section in the user agreement  that specifies how long they can hold it, when they release it, etc.  Is it there or are they just blowing smoke?  I see where they reviewing high risk transactions (whatever that means) and they will okay to ship once they've reviewed it.  Nothing about holding funds for 21days, etc.  Where did they bury that?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.