Hold on payments after delivery is confirmed?

nwGamers
New Community Member

I want to know you're experiences with this hold policy. I have sold multiple items on eBay and I always get a tracking number when I ship an item. I have confirmation that the items have been delivered but I still have holds on the money. I have also added the tracking numbers to paypal and to eBay. I have not however received any feedback yet. It has only been a few days since the items have been delivered but I want to know if I'm going to have to wait the full 20 day hold or if anyone has experience with this and can tell me how long it takes. Thanks

Login to Me Too
363 REPLIES 363

mawmoss2
Contributor
Contributor
THEY JUST PUT A GUN TO USE VIDEO GAME DEALERS HEAD AND BLEW OUR **bleep**ING BRAINS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Login to Me Too

SusieQ

I have been experiencing the same issue, I will have words if they don't release the funds....

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

The policy is that PayPal may release the funds after the buyer leaves positive feedback or 3 days after PayPal can confirm delivery of the item.

If it's been more than 4 days, you should call PayPal... login to your PayPal account and click on the "Contact Us" link on the right side of the page... there you will find the PayPal phone number for your account.

Has it been more than 4 days?

Login to Me Too

100FBOnHold

Why should we have to ask for OUR money?

Login to Me Too

DETROIT_DREW

digitalriver.com is said to be a decent alternative to pay pal, i have yet to try it but i would love to see if anyone else has-

good link -

http://www.everyjoe.com/articles/cnn-money-features-5-paypal-alternative-162/

I will also no longer be using paypal as soon as they release my 300.00 bucks.... complete bull**bleep**!

Login to Me Too

557F150
Contributor
Contributor

Paul,do you work for paypal or do you just a koolaid drinker. Holding your money is a scam just to make  interest on your money. No were else does this happen. Wake up Alice! I used to love to do business on e-bay and use paypal for instant payment. Now with e-bay's new policies  they won't let you give a buyer a negative feedback even when they **bleep** you. And their fees.... OUT OF SIGHT!!! With all the competition selling the same stuff and now paypal holds your money until you get a positive feedback. Sometimes a buyer will wait a month after they receive their part to give a feedback and sometimes never..... I have 300 that never left any feedbacks at all.

Login to Me Too

cyberengineer

I'll say what everyone else wants to **bleep** PAYPAL!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Rocinante01
Contributor
Contributor

Not everyone leaves feedback, and my funds have been held the full 21 days in spite of daily phone arguments with Paypal custer disservice.

Again, this is a violation or legal practices.  Paypal seems to choose and make their own distinctions between what interface they may use with Ebay in regards to certain practices.  It's convenient for them to say "if someone leaves you feedback we'll release your funds", but at the same time, Paypals's ILLEGAL practice of holding funds could very easily be ammened to at least release the funds the buyer has paid to ship the item.  That amount is CLEARLY indicated when a buyer pays for the item.

In a binding contract, neither party should rely on an outside source of funding to complete a financial transaction.  This means the seller shouldn't have to pony up his own funds to ship an item, when the money required to ship the item has been included as part of the transaction.

Paypal needs a new legal team.  Period.  What they are doing is illegal and it's going to cost them BILLIONS of dollars when the law finally catches up to you.

Login to Me Too

mcclain
New Community Member

feedback is an elective!!!!!!!! you can not force the buyer to give feedback!!!! or are you trying to force sellers to use your shipping tools???....are you trying to force the seller to ad delivery confirmation to every sale???.....so you get to drawl interest off of the buyers money for nearly a month, admit it, another way to scam the seller......any truth to that statement???? there are ways to protect the buyer, I think that you are headed in the wrong direction, will this be the downfall of ebay and paypal??? will the tool that thought of this bad idea be standing in the unemployment line soon???

Login to Me Too

nrhjohn
New Community Member

Won't matter the contact us page is broken conveniently.   Man I am so disappointed with Paypal, I feel so naive, to think I actually used to recommend them.  If enough people begin to talk about this then they will have to change.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.