Help ebay and paypal are letting people steal from me!!!

what-a-joke
Contributor
Contributor

I just sold a brand new sony blu ray player and ebay refunded money without buyer returning item....I dont understand what happened, I heard that there is a new scam out there where basically all a buyer has to do is buy a new  item, then when item arrives claim that its used and not as described and ebay will site with the buyer every time. But I thought that customer would at least have to send a used item back and keep the new one...but now ebay will give them a full refund without them sending item back??? WHY would they not want to protect their sellers who pay them?? I am very upset over this, I am a small retailer who sells items on ebay only when I am trying to move product, I hardly ever make any money and now this! I have just had $250 stole from me and ebay and paypal let it happen!

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

If the buyer can prove the item is a fake, Paypal/ebay has the right to tell them to destroy the item.  You gace them that right when you sold on ebay and used Paypal.

The buyer must have filed a dispute on this, but nowhere do I see that you responded to any dispute.

If you don't argue your case, you lose.

Login to Me Too

what-a-joke
Contributor
Contributor

Of course I responded to disbute! I dont sell fakes it was a sony blu-ray player and I sold plenty others with no complaints!! PERIOD! if you looked at my history you would see that I have sold thousand dollar items! with the positives to prove it! It seems that more and more the scamms are coming from sellers, claiming item is not as described, why would I sell something not as descibed, so I could go through this, and if Ebay has a policy that all you have to do is claim item is  conterfiet and Ebay tells you to destroy item and they give money your money BACK! dont you thiink that scammers might abuse THIS POLICY!! WHAT-A-JOKE! that is the dumbest policy I have ever heard!! Do you agree with that policy?? wouldnt you think the years of past sales with Paypal and Ebay would mean something in my deffense? what about the people out there that just what a FREE ITEM! you dont believe people out there are like that? Well Ebay and Paypal should know there are! and they should do a real investigation and look at both the history of buyer and seller and when one is kinda new with only 70 postives and the other has close to five hundred and has sold the same item with NO PROBLEMS! they should trust good HISTORY! and if you dont agree then your just one of them on here trying to make us all look bad! I am going to keep fighting this I wont just let someone steal from me and if Ebay and Paypal are going to just let this happen then I am going scream to who ever will listen I will post this on everywhere, I know you dont believe anyone cares but someone will, maybe our local news media maybe other scammers will learn of this scam and pull this over and over tell ebay is forced to change their stupid policy, its sad I would even say something like that, but I think it might be the only way a change might happen!  I cant cant believe anyone would agree to such a policy??? The whole thing makes me sick! to just let someone lie and steal from an honest person like me just trying to make ends meet, God bless all the other honest people out there who has lost money due to these stupid policies that let people STEAL WHATEVER THEY WANT!

Login to Me Too

darkjokerg1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I suggest you get all of your recepts for the items you sell and fax them to Ebay so that they know you sell genuine items. This is the first time I am hearing about a case like this but this is the best adivce I can give.

Login to Me Too

what-a-joke
Contributor
Contributor

I guess I’m guilty first then I must prove myself innocent, All my past sales don’t mean anything, and any scumbag out there can put any seller through this and you guys agree with this simply because it’s their policy??? What the **bleep** are you people thinking?? Shouldn’t  we together try and change this ridiculous I mean ree-donk-u-less policy!! I hope no one has to deal with this but maybe if you do you will understand my frustration and agree that there shouldn’t be a policy that can be exploited by scammers and scumbags!!! PERIOD……I feel every seller using Paypal and Ebay should agree, I can’t understand why you wouldn’t??  There’s strength in numbers and if enough people threaten to leave due to bad policies they would be forced to change policies…I want my item back!!! I will join lawsuit against both companies for theft of my money! I am going to let everyone KNOW how to steal from Ebay sellers and get away with it!! What the **bleep**, I have a retail store so I don’t need this crap anymore but I WILL try my best to destroy both companies reputation!,, I will let everyone know that you can buy a three or four hundred dollar purse (or any item) and just complain that it’s a fake, then make a claim with Ebay and you can KEEP item!!  I wonder how long this policy will last when all the scammers and crackheads find out about these bad policies? I will do my best to let everyone know, I PROMISE! I WILL NOT STOP!! I am going to find every loop-hole in Ebay’s policies and let the world know!! I know of two ways now but I guarantee there’s much, much more!! IDIOTS! Mindless idiots!!! That’s what anyone is that says it’s ok to let someone steal from you because it’s a POLICY, WHAT-A-JOKE!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Well, since you're more interested in having a hissy fit than learning, you can solve your own problem.

Login to Me Too

darkjokerg1
Contributor
Contributor

Well put Surplus. Listen, I have already dealt with a case similar to this one involving me and the buyer whom claimed that my item was a fake. I fought the claim and it was revealed that the buyer just decided they didn't want the item anymore. All of the responses to the claim were done in a timely manner by me (which is what you are supposed to do). If a claim is made that your item is a fake time is a factor in clearing your name. You should have all of your receipt for your items ready in case you are asked where your item has come from. This should not be something new to someone who has a retail location. Customer service works the same way in the real world as it does in the digital world, if a buyer complains you have to work and communicate with them before it escalates. No one is calling you a villain but you have to be responsible for your selling actions good or bad.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Exactly.

Ranting and raving get you nowhere.

Professional replies and learning how to use the system to protect yourself are what counts on Paypal and ebay.

Login to Me Too

luvstampin
Contributor
Contributor

Really Paypal/ebay and other stores/businesses are protecting themselves and buyers for good reason.

If you WHATAJOKE want to blame someone then blame all the SCAMMERS out there that do sell fake items that brought these policies about in the first place. A business does not know you. They have no idea if you are honest or a just another lowlife scammer. That is why you have to have receipts. They are a really good thing to hang onto for a variety of reasons.

Electronics are a HIGH FRAUD area. If you were a business owner you would do the same thing - protect your customers for the scammers.

If you were a buyer and you bought an item that you believed was a fake and Paypal stuck up for you asking the seller to prove it is a legit item - then I bet 100% you would on the happy paypal side.

Login to Me Too

what-a-joke
Contributor
Contributor

I won my apeal and they are returning my money, I guess the system does work, what **bleep** is I don't think I can get the negative feedback removed that the buyer left when I wouldn't give into being blackmailed, but that may also change, I am not use to all these scammers on Ebay now! I have been selling on ebay for over ten years now, and this is the worst I've ever seen with the scams, I think it was a bad idea to stop from being able to leave anything but a positive feedback for buyers. This was a case of buyer trying to get a discount on product by making up lies saying it wasnt new when it was BRAND NEW, and hoping I would give them some money back and when i said just send item back and I would give a full refund that upset them so they played this game of pretty much harrassment to try to make me give in and give them MONEY! I do believe as seller we should stick together and not let anyone steal our money!!! Craiglist does work (and its free) and  you can use your own merchant account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.