Has ever happened to anyone???

seadooclinic
New Community Member

I sold a gear case for a boat through ebay.  The item stated that it had been rebuilt....that's it.  After we rebuilt it, we painted it for a fresh look.

The customer contacts me via e-mail, not even the nerve to call on the phone, and tells me that the drive looks to be from salt water and has some corrosion.  First, it IS a fresh water unit, and we never claimed it to be neither fresh nor salt water.  Secondly, the piece that is corroded is an "extra" piece.  The part that showed some corrosion through the paint was a pice of the mounting bracket that has NOTHING to do with the drive. 

Secondly, an identical unit, new or factory remaned, is upwards of $15,000, and my buyer paid a mere $2800 for mine!  Note, it is internally in excellent condition, and outwardly in good condition.

So, I tell the guy, "Please go ahead and ship it back to me.  I will fully refund your payment and shipping charges, and in addition, I will pay for the return freight and your time.  Also, I am very sorry that you are displeased with our product.  I sense that it may be difficult to satisfy you, so instead of waiting for you to install the unit and try it out, please just return it.  I think that it would be better for both of us if I took it back and re-sell it to a local customer out of my road side business.  I do not have a return policy, but at this time, I am willing to take it back for a full refund and then some".

He tells me that he's not doing anything with it until his "mechaninc" can inspect it.  Well, I checked his feedback, and he's a chronic complainer leaving negative feedback for 1 out of 10 transactions.  I know that his "mechaninc" will inevitabley find something wrong with it.  Then, I will have had to wait 30 or more days for them to look at it and decide they don't want it, then return shipping, and by then, our season is half way over.

The guy got a great deal, and the item was exactly as described, photos and all!

I contacted Pay Pal to see if there was any way they could "force" the buyer to return the item.  They said that I have to wait out the 45 period to see if they file a claim.  In the mean while, he has 60 days to file bad feedback against me.  I feel like I am in a losing situation.

Any advice????

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.