Has PayPal's 24 hour review of payments received ever **bleep**ed up your life?

matthewmac
New Community Member

I use PayPal for about 90% of my billing for clients.  I'm a freelance web designer, and PayPal is very convenient for invoicing my clients, but it seems like every time I really need the money, PayPal puts a 24 hour hold on a payment for "review".  I have never received a fraudulent payment from a client, and don't know why they continue to randomly do it.  Some have told me they suspect that PayPal likes to hold the money to earn a days interest off of it.  Whatever their reason, It's inconvenient to me and today it forced me to owe my land lord  a $100 late charge for my rent.  Does anyone know how to stop this cruel act of PayPal's?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Moneypenny
New Community Member

Sorry, can't answer your question but would like to know too.

Also, does anyone know when this procedure started. I had the first 6 reviews today - never before and for no apparent reason. The thing is that I am getting informed about the review clearing the purchase several hours after we have processed the order and sometimes shipped already. Why is there no initial alert that for whatever reason a transaction is under review?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.