HELP! Nailed by a scammer!

Clplanchard
New Community Member

Ok, here's the scoop.  I was selling two World of Warcraft accounts and I was immediately hit up by 5 people.  They got in something of a bidding war and I ended up selling the accounts for 880$.  He paid via paypal and I immediately started the transaction of putting the money in my account.  Then I get up this morning and the guy has reversed the payment saying that he was scammed and trying to get a refund.  I have a conversation of Windows live messenger plus emails from this guy...anything I can do???

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Jason
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Clplanchard-

PayPal's Seller Protection Policy does not protect you for digitally delivered goods because we have no way to demonstrate proof of delivery.  You can see which transactions are protected and the steps needed to protect yourself in Section 11 of PayPal's User Agreement or the Safer Selling area of the Security Center.

I would also caution that while we are not in the position of enforcing other companies' Terms of Use, Blizzard's own policies do not recognize the sale of WoW accounts because they are the owners of the game and the contents within. 

Thanks,

Jason

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.