From Now On I Am Not Going To Ship Items If Funds Are On Hold.

djpoptart92
Contributor
Contributor

Because the shipping costs are included in the funds.  If I have no access to the funds cause of the hold, then I have no access to the money the buyer pays for shipping.

Login to Me Too
610 REPLIES 610

madjen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Katieh, I am having the same trouble not selling a thing on ebids that would

have sold on ebay. Its frustrating as I don't want to sell on ebay anymore because

ebay and paypal are the same company from what I understand. I also need to

make money! I stupidly paid the 49.95 for a lifetime membership, thinking I would

make it back, but have not made one penny!

Does anyone know of a auction site you can actually get bids on?????????????

Login to Me Too

thriftshopbruce
Contributor
Contributor

greetings, i sold over $700.00 in items on ebay and between ebay and pay pal,my fees are around $200.00. i am putting on a few items to pay the fees, and then may use ocasionally..ebay is a wonderful place to buy...not sell!!!!!!!!!u can get a great deal on almost anything, but all the stuff i have goes for 25% of what it is worth...$10.00 items i could not even get $.99 fo...over half my items did not sell with a $.99 starting bid...i am very discusted....i put my first item on craigs list and sold it for what i wanted...i made $260.00 on 2 items in 10 minutes.......it does not take a rocket scientist to know ebay is not a good place to sell...i did not even know about all the different fees...sell an item for $.99 and heres how it goes.....$.15 to list..$.09 final value fee.$ .30 when the buyer pays u..if they pay u.....=$.54 for ebay and pay pal------.$.46 for me...what a rip off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rev. bruce

Login to Me Too

jstagirl24
Contributor
Contributor

Im setting up an electronic cash register(free) other than normal fees. they say they can attach it to my ebay, Its free so its worth a shot. Money goes right into your account, no having to transfer or wait for 21 days. check them out and repost this site. Paypal will remove in pretty shortly so its authorizedotnet. any one out there needs this email me with pay thief as the subject line at jstagirl24atyahoodotcom.

Login to Me Too

ctjackso

Uhhhh. I meet all of that and they are still holding my payment , plus they have delivery confermation

Login to Me Too

jff91462
Contributor
Contributor

The whole thing is bull**bleep**!! When I get home **bleep**s really gonna hit the fan! Hate this dial up crap. I already have positive feedback from a number of People in the "held" funds and they are still **bleep**ing holding it?? What the **bleep** is going on?

Im going to list  "Paypal **bleep** sessions for sale"  for 50 bucks a piece and dont bother paying, just send a confirmation that Paypal made more money off Your money  anad they may uncyrogenically unthaw Your funds after a 1000 years..

Re f n diculous..

Login to Me Too

radiogeek
Contributor
Contributor

Hi - I would like to agree with the gist of this thread from a BUYER's point of view. I saw an item from a seller that had several strikes against her in the past month - she said she had to cancel sales and that caused  3 recent negs...  The result is that my payment to her is on hold; she is probably low income and can not afford to ship this heavy item while waiting for my payment to be released... it is a heavy piece of gear that will cost $80-90 to ship.  She will have to wait for a paycheck to ship; I assured her that I would leave good feedback even if it is "late" under the circumstances. What I can NOT do is leave feedback BEFORE the item is shipped... it defeats the purpose of feedback and it is a valid rule eBay has that states that there can be no limitations or expectations of feedback by any seller as a condition for shipping...

Having said that: I am a bit upset that PayPal/eBay is inserting itself between MY payment to a seller whom I knew had recent spotty feedback. It was MY call and should be between me and the seller - I am certainly exploring options that do NOT include PayPal for my future auctions. What we are left with is chicken/egg situation that requires a seller to ship without receiving payment - for a seller with a cashflow problem and a high shipping cost, this can be a BIG problem.

Note that it isn't just the seller getting the shaft with this policy, it is us confused buyers who are left waiting for our items... I also realize that this encourages even more bad feedback which keeps the seller in the hole.

I, for one,  will not leave bad feedback in this case. MY "bad feedback" will be sent to my States Attorney General's Dept of Consumer fraud urging them to look into the ownership of PayPal by eBay....

-radiogeek

Login to Me Too

itsupplies009
Contributor
Contributor

I concur with Radiogeek!  I have a 99 feedback, 0 negs, been selling on and off for 7yrs and I have to WAIT! for the paypal MORONS to give me a nod in order to collect my 3g's! I'm shipping each item overnite that's $200.00 OUT of MY Pocket in order to HOPEFULLY get the sellers to give me a nice warm fuzzy positive feedback! PAYPAL is F**cking nuts!! they pull thier FEE out while the rest of us have to digg into our own pockets to ship!! why not hold a percentage until transaction is complete...this is **bleep**ed!!

C.E.-

Login to Me Too

SideshowBill
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sure I am not the only one but I give FREE SHIPPING ON ALL DOMESTIC PURCHASES, AND I DONATE 10% OF EVERY SINGLE SALE TO A CHARITY!!!!!

Yet I STILL cannot get access to the almost $300 I have been paid. ALL the sold items shipped...ON MY DIME.

What am I to do from now on but CHARGE SHIPPING on every item and, in turn HURT MY SALES.

AND HURT PAYPAL BECAUSE LESS SALES=LESS FEES IN THEIR POCKET!!!! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE.

Why have a dispute system in place if you're just going decide on your own whether or not there might be a problem??

Plus, that money on hold KEEPS ME FROM BUYING!! BUYING IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS! HURTING OTHER SELLERS!!

It's a chain-reaction of crap.

Very disappointed.

Login to Me Too

ebailey114
Contributor
Contributor

How can we use the alternative payment methods that you listed if we are new sellers to Ebay? We are not allowed to use them are we? Any and all suggestions will be very much appreciated. Christmas is almost here and it is not going to be a very happy Christmas since we have to wait so long for our money!!!!!

Login to Me Too

ExRayz
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like there might be good alternatives to Paypal. At Ebay's site, under recommended payment services, I see several, including an Australian Service called Paymate. I registered and will give them a try. They seem to be set up with the 'reputable' seller in mind with reasonable and what appears, effective' security that does not get in the way of 'selling.' i.e. they require at least 10 feedbacks, 98% positive. Makes sense doesn't it? And there is no ridiculous 21 day hold policy! Appears to be overall good feedback from customers too. There are several others that I plan to investigate/pursue as well. Anyway, hopefully with a good number of alternatives like this, I can successfully sell without Accepting Paypal. I just can't afford to sell with this kind of handicap.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.