From Now On I Am Not Going To Ship Items If Funds Are On Hold.

djpoptart92
Contributor
Contributor

Because the shipping costs are included in the funds.  If I have no access to the funds cause of the hold, then I have no access to the money the buyer pays for shipping.

Login to Me Too
610 REPLIES 610

kkoban7
New Community Member

I agree! What if you are selling items to make money and the shipping money is pending?  How are you supposed to ship it then?  I don't believe they thought of that situation!!!

Login to Me Too

thornyroze
Contributor
Contributor

kkoban, I think that they did think of that.  That was the whole point, to drive out small time sellers because it would no longer be profitable for them.  I think that it got too costly for PayPal/Ebay, and they chose to cater to larger sellers, and bigger companies.  In the mean time, as someone stated, they are using your cash, and beneifiting from the interest.  Probably to make up for whatever they are not taking in on the small seller market.  Which is wrong.  They should have just been upfront about it, and maybe even started a smaller, free site that functions in cooperation with E-bay, for small sellers.  If they had been smart. 

Login to Me Too

jff91462
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, if  they were to be smart they would open another site and release My cash..However, they are not smart, just greedy and so they will take the fall.

Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

madjen
Contributor
Contributor

Jff, I get a big kick out of you, you are SASSY!

You make me laugh through all of this crap

and I thank you for that!:Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

capitalist
Contributor
Contributor

I come from a family of merchants, the greatest of all problems is cash flow and the sooner you collect on a sale, the more money you make.   In fact, you can collect on a sale and turn it over into 3 more  (MAYBE) if you reinvest and sell quickly.  So, in the day when it is hard to make profits, getting your money to work for you is the key to surviving in retail or merchandising. 

When your money is tied up for weeks at a time and you are putting out more money for the dead horse (ITEM SOLD) it continues to cost you money and in the end, did you really make ANY PROFIT WORTH THE TIME AND YOUR INVESTMENT IN THE GOODS.   This is what all online sellers need to realize and work to your advantaqe.  I like to sell with no FEES, it may take a little longer and maybe noit! Smiley Very Happy!!!  
Whateer you do, you must always experiement and be ready to make changes in the New Year wherever it is necessary, these are hard times, the govt. is printing money like newspaper and it can't last forever.

So,, research, experiment, listen just like ebay and paypal are doing with these blogs.  They find out how far they can go with their policies according to the tolerance of their members.   You must learn from people in the same way and at the same time, learn how you can make your work worthwhile.  I am a CAPITALIST!

I hate to see the average person with little income  remain ignorant of the Capitalistic world we live in!!

Shipping is expensive and sometimes much more than you charged the buyer, no?

Be sure and share with the buyer when you have a problem with no funds received for the sale and  you have    no cash for the shipping.

Login to Me Too

dragonmkiii
Contributor
Contributor

What happened to e-bays/Paypal Trust, Loyalty and Honor for  their buyers and sellers?

If any of these values were broken:

By a Military personnel:  Court marshall and  dishonorable discharges from that Service.

By the President of the USA or Governor of a State: impeached.

By a employee of any good US company:  Disciplined then terminated.

So what are the consequences  for these current actions being executed  here daily?  Or maybe  this time these value do not apply and this really is the best practices to date when conducting business.  Pray this is now the case.

Just real frustrated about all this.  At one point I was making some money and most of all having fun in doing so.  The fun is gone and the money held.....Oops, wrong word.  Quarantined. 

Login to Me Too

capitalist
Contributor
Contributor

All financial planners and Managers of  assets are warning to stop USING CREDIT CARDS, UNLESS YOU CAN PAY THEM MONTHLY and they do not accumulate fees.  One man wrote a book  of interest,  he explained the cunning ways naive People are lured into using credit cards, while the credit card company is figuring out a way to keep you in debt and paying them interest and fees the rest of your life.   It is amazing what they get away with and Congress investigated all of them and have stopped some of their tactics,but not all.   The Card companies are masters at getting around the the policies laid out by FEDS and after all, this is how they MAKE MONEY!!   So, you should get wise and learn how to beat the system! 

You can beat the system and cost of buying and selling as well.  Take heed and figure out how you can make the most profit and begin a new plan for the NEW YEAR.  I  NEVER APPRECIATED PAYPAL and when   WE SOLD A GOLD COIN A COUPLE YEARS AGO AND IT ENDED UP COSTING US $50 PAYPAL charge, SELLING FEES ADDED ANOTHER $50.  The buyer made an offer and we accepted it, and we learned we could sell it for $200 more than we listed it for, at a local coin shoip....lololol

Needless to say, we didn't list anymore coins on internet auctions. 

Login to Me Too

Lynette

More of us need to speak out and  I am going to contact the FTC and my state representatives and we all should..  Isn't there something about fair business practice?  This is a monopoly that needs to get decent competition or get broken up like AT &T was years ago..  Customer service is horrid to non-existent, they require us to only use PayPal and not money orders and checks and they not only take their piece of our sales but now have the use of our money for 21 days. How about all the bad buyers (oh, I forgot, it is only bad sellers that they need to worry about ) that will buy our items, say there is a problem, get their money back and then won't send our items back, that is what I am afraid of.  The FTC needs to look at all these demands that eBay and PayPal are forcing on its real customers - its sellers and do something about these questionable new practices.

Login to Me Too

thornyroze
Contributor
Contributor

Lynette,

Join the Yahoogroup for ebay sellers to rant.  let me know if you want an invite thornyroze at comcast.net

Login to Me Too

Liv_N_Low
Contributor
Contributor

Plain and simple........Which isn't fair

PayPal expects you to pay them first for their high end fees when they don't do a darn thing but hold your money and expect you to send a item that you just sold out of your own pocket. Here is the break down below.

Sold item $40 + $12 shipping

PayPal takes fees - lets say $3.50

PayPal holds $48.50 for 21 Days

PayPal makes you pay additional $12.00 for shipping the item

You as the Seller is out of $40 - $12 S/H - + additional $12 S/H

Grand total you are out $64.00_________Hmmmm, That seems fair......NOT!!!!!!Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.