From Now On I Am Not Going To Ship Items If Funds Are On Hold.

djpoptart92
Contributor
Contributor

Because the shipping costs are included in the funds.  If I have no access to the funds cause of the hold, then I have no access to the money the buyer pays for shipping.

Login to Me Too
610 REPLIES 610

Internetjedi
New Community Member

I just  had to ask a buyer to give me a feedback before i shipped the item just so I could have the money to ship it.  It was $60.00 to ship and I have bills to pay with my money and I have no money sitting around collecting dust to use for such an occasion. PAYPAL YOU ARE **bleep**ING US!!!!!!   **bleep** **bleep** **bleep** BALLS **bleep** **bleep** MONKEY **bleep**!!!

Login to Me Too

jff91462
Contributor
Contributor

Smiley MadI know what You mean!!  Luckily its payday so I can pay for an item I bought and ship one out!  Could have done this a week ago if I were  God forbid ,Smiley Mad allowed to use My own money the way I want??? :manmad:  BULL **bleep**ING **bleep**!

Login to Me Too

AphroditezApple
Contributor
Contributor

AGAIN... this has been every PACKAGE SINCE THIS NEW **bleep**IN POLICY, I can even deal with the hold but WHY make it so easy for them to complain..... I sell all my auctions ASIS and they already say they were used.... they get them and I havehad a COMPLAINT ABOUT EVERY ONE.... when before i had one complaint in 5 years, like they prey on the little guys now, WHAT AM I SUPOSSED TO DO, this was money I was HOPEING to have released for christmas DIDNT HAPPEN and right now this is the only income I haave for my kids.... this policy is absolutely ridiculous

Login to Me Too

madjen
Contributor
Contributor

bcsurvivor---read all the threads and you will realize that paypal/ebay

are doing this to a LOT of sellers for NO reason! Its crazy and no

one knows the real truth because you get a different answer every time

you call and sometimes no answers!

Login to Me Too

tonib
Contributor
Contributor

THANK YOU!  That's the other thing.  We are shipping out of pocket.  So we are out our item, our payment, plus shipping costs and have to wait 21 days?!?!!?

The truth is Ebay just suffered 3rd quarter losses, is losing massive amouns of money to FREE Craigslist, and is trying everything to get consumers to use them, but in the process they're messing over the sellers.

Login to Me Too

lisasebay
Contributor
Contributor

No Dought whats up with this i shipped a item to spain they got it in 5 days and left postive feedback and they still held the money for 21 days to the day , pay pal gets to draw interest off are money while we got to struggle to get item shipped because funds are on hold, wants feed back is left they should release funds thx Lisa:)

Login to Me Too

Pedro
New Community Member

We need to add a surcharge to payments for the wait. Its not the buyers fault,but we sellers are paying for it by having to wait.

Login to Me Too

KenQueen
Contributor
Contributor

It's not "stupid"...  It's BANK POLICY.  Find ANY REASON to hold money, 40 here, 50 there, 200 or 300 from someone else and it all adds up!  Get about a thousand accounts at an average of $20 and VIOLA'; you have $20,000 socked away for a couple of weeks.  Just WHO gets the INTEREST on that "HELD MONEY"?  Now guess who that is...  Not you, not me...  By golly, it's the bank of course. Hey FREE MONEY for the bank to use for weeks and they don't have to pay taxes or interest.  See who wins??? 

One GOOD thing in Paypals favor, they don't RAPE people like most other large banks by slamming accounts and illegally changing the figures to cause checks to bounce like Bank of America does.  I went online and verified six checks had cleared in the night postings.  The next morning, Bank of America went in the account and removed the deposit, reprocessed the checks and then resumitted the deposit AFTER the bounced the checks so they could STEAL $180 in bounched check charges. Whe we questioned it, the bank showed us in writing where they have the RIGHT to change from SOFT posting (in the customers favor) to HARD posting (in the banks favor).  They actually have it in writing that the bank reserves the RIGHT to commit FRAUD and THEFT, only they hid it under slight if hand and legal lies.  

Login to Me Too

BatsonElect
Contributor
Contributor

That is why I use a small local bank. I am actually surprised at that because I had a Heart Attack last year  and have been unable to pay any of my credit card bills since.( unable to work full time now )  Bank  of A was the only one to not charge me the default rate ( 32-36% apr ) beginning the first month I was late. Bank of A waited 4 months before they jacked my rate up to default.  All my rates were under 9% untill the first month I coundn't pay. I wonder if PayPal is hurting for money like most CC componies and that is why they do this. I would think they are holding millions of dollars at a time and that has to help their cash flow.

My solution is to finish selling my unfinished parts and get out come January.  I am working back to open another retail store. Ebay used to be less hasle over retail but not anymore. I left retail 'cause of the stress but PayPal makes retail seem like childs play. I know my 5k per month sales don't mean much but maybe if alot of us leave they will fall and someone better will come along. Ebay seems to act like they are too big to care about a few people also. We made them big, we can bring them down.         Can I have a holler ?

Login to Me Too

KenQueen
Contributor
Contributor

Yo Yo Yu Yo Yo....   LOL

BofA does help in some ways, but in the long run, they will get ya however they can, It's the nature of the beast...  LOL

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.