Founds on Hold by PAYPAL

geisha
Contributor
Contributor

Now this is stupid I use ebay now and then to buy stuff and some items to sell some items now I place some items for sale they sold and when I when in to my paypal to print shipping label paypal hold my found for one item now they don't even let me use the founds of the shipping item now I have pay and ship the item priority mail and my money still on hold WTF why?? I sale an item buyer pays I send it and I have to sit and wait till paypal gives me my money but to charge there fees and ebay fees that they don't put on hold. This new thing of them is stupid fine hold till the item is ship then release the founds not keep holding it if I sale an item is because I need the money for that I can sale it another place. They don't let us get money order or cashier checks ONLY Paypal and now this I will just finish the other item I have for sale and I will not use paypal again I dont think is worth all this pay high fees with ebay & paypal and then wait till they feel like it for you to get ur money is just not worth it no more.

CR

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

skier
Advisor
Advisor

It's an eBay / PayPal Policy which is explained here.  

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

geisha
Contributor
Contributor

Yea I read that and is no help the item I send it and it shows as been send ware it is and all that and still my money is on hold that's stupid how are we to do business like that. This is like having taken hostage for our items and we will not get paid till we send it wtf is that if the item shows as send and you can track it ware it is why is our money still on hold what are we going to get interest paid on it. Not even the banks hold that long the checks the point is I place and item and it sold I send it and I have tracking # and proof now ware is my MONEY the buyer even if it does have a problem they still protect by paypal they will place a hold any ways on any founds in there that's why they have our bank accounts and credit cards on file I don't know if others are ok with this but im not and will not use paypal no more is not worth it.

Login to Me Too

ruchitaayurveda
Contributor
Contributor

They ususally don't hold your funds longer than 3 business days after delivery. It is very hard on the seller since most customers will not leave feed back right away. I wish they had a better solution but I think you have to sell  more items for them to stop holding your money.

Login to Me Too

shurmacer
Contributor
Contributor

I so feel what you are saying I have 20 points and need 50 for them to stop holding seems to me they are making some good intrest on our money. What really **bleep** me of is after hold has been lifted I then have to transfer money to my bank and it takes another 3-4 days to get! My bank said any money sent will take 1 day so why dose paypal say they sent when in fact they still have! That dude is getting rich from us for sure!!!

Login to Me Too

LARRY2215
New Community Member

ON 12-4-09 I SENT 50.00 TO A SELLER AND USED THE WRONG EMAIL ADDRESS SO THE SELLER TOLD TO CANCEL IT AND GAVE HIS RIGHT EMAIL ADDRESS SO I DID SO PAYPAL TOOK 50.00 FOR THE CANCELED ONE AND ANOTHER 50.00 FOR THE RIGHT ONE THATS 100.00 OUT OF MY BANK ACCOUNT WHICH MADE ME OVERDRAWN 50.00 AT THAT THEY CHARGE ME ANOTHER 70.00 FOR BEING OVER DRAWN I HAVE BEEN WAITING SEVEN DAYS MY 50.00 TO GET OFF HOLD I HAVE SENT PAYPAL SIX EMAILS AND GOT ONE BACK NO ONE AT PAYPAL WILL TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT IT I MAY ENDUP CANCELING MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT AND JUST SEND MONEY ORDERS THATS THAT LARRY

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.