Fake paypal email???? is it a scam??

Here is part of the email I got it 4 days ago and nothing has showed up in my account. am I getting scammed??

If it helps it was sent from a gmail account

Hello ...........

You've got cash!

his email confirms that you have received an Auction Instant Purchase Payment for $168.50 USD....

Our records indicate that this email address is unconfirmed. In order to receive these funds, you must first confirm your email address.

You can complete the Email Address Confirmation process by clicking on the following link and then entering your password:

If your email program has problems with hypertext links, then you may also confirm your email address by logging into your PayPal account. On your My Account page there will be a link Confirm Your Email Address. Click on this link and when requested, enter the following confirmation number:

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

That sounds like a legitimate PayPal email requesting you to confirm your email address, however... the "sent from a gmail account" is not right... a legitimate PayPal email will come from a paypal.com email address.

Did you try the last part of the instructions...

"...you may also confirm your email address by logging into your PayPal account. On your My Account page there will be a link Confirm Your Email Address. Click on this link and when requested, enter the following confirmation number:"

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.