Email Confirmations on Cleared Echeck payments from Customers

charms2pendants
Contributor
Contributor

why am i not receiving and email confirmation from paypal when an echeck clears from one of my customers payment from ebay? I used to get them and now I don't. I have to remember and check my paypal account to see if and when these echecks clear. I need confirmation emails from paypal to keep it all straight so I can send out the paid merchandise in a timely manner.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

gaebaymom
Contributor
Contributor

I am a seller with the same problem.  Going to open ticket now.  It is a hassle..

Login to Me Too

cshinc
New Community Member

Same here.  I haven't had an echeck in a month or so.  I had 2 within the last week and was not notified on either that it cleared.     I didn't see any notification that they were stopping those emails so I didn't think to look.  One payment had cleared for a couple of days prior to me sending the order.     If they want us to be on top of our business they should be on top of theirs............   PLEASE fix this.

Login to Me Too

gaebaymom
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All! I reported this issue this morning and received this response already: 

Thank you for contacting PayPal Merchant Technical Services. We are aware of this issue and we are working to resolve it. I will research this matter further and update you with more information as it becomes available. If you have any additional information or updates to your issue, please use the instructions in this email to update your ticket. Thank you for your patience.

Login to Me Too

charms2pendants
Contributor
Contributor

How am I supposed to set up email notifications on echecks clearing from my customer so that I may send out their merchandise?

Login to Me Too

charms2pendants
Contributor
Contributor

how do you open a ticket? paypal makes it very difficult to consult with them on an issue like this

Login to Me Too

gaebaymom
Contributor
Contributor

https://ppmts.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ppdts.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php?p_sid=qrOBxdMj&p_accessibility=0&p_...=

see if this link works.  Someone had a link to this page on one of the posts earlier.  It is a known problem PayPal is working on.  I gave them the latest transaction number from my cleared eCheck auction so maybe you can do the same. Thanks and Good luck!

Login to Me Too

popshcoom
Contributor
Contributor

This has been an ongoing issue since July.  I've contacted Paypal at least 15 times, and it's still an open ticket.  I get about 10-15 checks per month, and am starting to get negative feedback on eBay since I've missed a few clearings.   It's pathetic that this is still an open issue. 

Login to Me Too

gaebaymom
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the information. I normally save the initial email from PayPal regarding the eCheck in a "waiting for payment" folder in my email.  I will just have to pend the email and check it.  I agree it is a pain and we do not want negative numbers on our shipping, etc. as a result. At least now I know it will probably be awhile before it is resolved. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

popshcoom
Contributor
Contributor

Today I rc'd an email notification of a cleared echeck.  Sigh of relief.  It'd be great to have the clearing return to the downloadable seller log as well.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.