Ebay checkout with Ebay Bucks

damia1966
Contributor
Contributor

I am NOT new to this process, Ebay or Paypal. What's happening is that I come from Ebay to pay for a purchase. Paypal tells me to sign in. I put in my password, hit "enter" and a search screen comes up, rather than being able to continue the transaction. It does show that I'm logged into Paypal, so I choose to "send money". When I get to that screen, and it wants to know what I want to pay for, I say ebay items. It tells me to go through ebay's checkout! This has just happened to me in the last couple of months.

Then, I get the seller's paypal id and pay with that. Doing that means I don't get credit for the purchase with Ebay Bucks. What the *bleep* is going on??!?

damia1966

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

aling5
New Community Member

I've had the same problem. Frustrating!

Login to Me Too

BaxxSC
Contributor
Contributor

Same here!  Had all my recent purchases do that!  And my paypal can't pay or find items from linked ebay accounts either (e.g. if I go into paypal directly to pay for).  I have to get email from seller and send money directly.

I tried to use bucks code here, but says not usable in paypal... why give me a code to use then!

I spent an hour on phone w/paypal yesterday and they were great... transferred my bucks to my paypal account so could use on purchase... but still didn't fix the problem.  She forwarded it to their IT department... guess just have to wait now???

Maybe if enough post here, they may think valid issue?

Login to Me Too

vichix
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't had any luck with my eBay bucks either.  Got my invoice from Paypal saying they paid the seller the correct amount (minus my eBucks) but when I checked my balance, they debited me for the whole amount.  Luckily, I'm not out that much, but with eBay owning PayPal, wouldn't you think they could get their act together?????  I just as soon they gave you credit on their fees instead of eBucks to use on a purchase!

Login to Me Too

Normiami
Contributor
Contributor

My Ebay Bucks never appears at the PayPal check out screen. I asked Ebay and they sent me here. I asked to the instant support, but there was no solution. Somebody know who can help me on this?.

Login to Me Too

m2dogs
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not being smart but are you sure you are suppose to get ebay bucks? They should tell you everytime you win an auction how much you will earn off of that purchase. You will not get to apply those bucks until you have accumulated 3 months worth, ftom what I read but I could be wrong about that...Can anyone chime in with a correction on that time, or am I correct?  Ya, I don't understand the whole thing with the support questions being directed to paypal being that they have all the info on ebay and are participants in the program, "Ebay Bucks" is what it's called isn't it??? If it's paypal, why didn't they call it "Paypal Bucks" ? I think Ebay is just passing the"buck" ; no pun intended.

I guess I am lucky, I got two replies from two different ebay support reps telling me that they both were going to direct my question to paypal but that was 5 days ago...

I told the last one to please forward my question to another rep who couldn't answer my questions then direct it to paypal also. It's just all ridiculous and if they don't know what the heck they are doing, just give us the credit on our accounts and shut the program down!

Login to Me Too

damia1966
Contributor
Contributor

I'm replying to my own post, answering a couple of questions. As for whether I'm eligible, when I'm on the item's page, it tells me that if I buy it, I will get $xx in eBay bucks. I did this last quarter and used the eBay bucks I got and it went very smoothly. Now, because of this disconnect between eBay and paypal, my current earning of $1.33 hasn't grown at all, though I continue to buy eligible items.

I spent time on Friday, trying to fix this, or at least get acknowledgement that there *IS* a problem. Yes, I know how pointless it is, but I had to try. I did a "live chat" with someone on eBay. "She" sounded canned and got me nowhere, basically pointing at paypal. If anyone reading this is surprised, I'm worried about you. So my next step is calling paypal. The guy wants me to try again in an hour. I say "No, I've been having this problem for months." Then he tries telling me that they're very busy with the holiday. I say, "No, I've been having this problem for months," then ask for escalation. He'll do it, but he assures me that the next guy is going to say the same thing he's told me. Next guy comes on, I 'splain the whole thing. He says he's escalating both on paypal and eBay. We'll see. That was 61 minutes of my life I won't get back. I'm starting to think that no one is capable of fixing something that has only been a problem recently (Oct. 18 is the first date it happened to me), and I've changed NOTHING. <head/desk repeatedly>

Login to Me Too

Normiami
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I had some bucks from the previous quarter and the redemption code/certificate/whatever does not appears. My ebucks balance grows with each item I buy but I do not know if I'd have someday them redeemed.

Login to Me Too

Amanda411

Hi All,

In some cases, the certificate won't appear during checkout. For instance, the certificate amount may not appear if the seller is using a third-party checkout system. But you can still redeem your eBay Bucks certificate. Here's how:

1. Visit your eBay Bucks section in My eBay.

2. Copy your eBay Bucks certificate code.

3. After you log in to PayPal, paste that code in the redemption box.

You may have to click the Enter gift certificate, reward, or discount link first to access the redemption box in PayPal. Get more info on using eBay Bucks.

Amanda

Login to Me Too

Normiami
Contributor
Contributor

This is the problem Amanda, the code does not appear in my Ebay ebucks, just the amount earned.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.