Ebay Buyers BEWARE - Paypal and Ebay are the same Company

sukmukdik007
Contributor
Contributor

I was an Ebay buyer with over 25 posted positve feedback, NO NEGATIVE POSTINGS.

I bid on three items from China; THAT seller even though advertised "FREE SHIPPING"; yea right... After the end of the auction the seller demanded shipping charges NOT LISTED IN THE AUCTION. So I complained to Ebay - no good they found for this seller and canceled my account. Thing is Ebay and PAYPL customer support isn't even in the USA...

To the point of my real **bleep** and I have filed a chargeback on a transaction - EVEN THOUGH THIS VIOLATES PAYPAL'S **bleep** YOU POLICY. This chargeback is for item(s) paid that I have not recieved after paying for them over two weeks ago... Thing is since Ebay has terminated my account I CAN NOT REACH THIS SELLER DUE TO IT BEING BLOCKED BY EBAY. Oh I forgot you try and file a complaint with PAYPAL; Know what Happens? You are sent to EBAY to log in and YOU CAN NOT DUE TO THE BLOCKED OR TERMINATED ACCOUNT. EBAY claims they have nothing to do with PAYPAL is just plain BS - Ebay is located in San Jose California same as where PAYPAL is LOCATED..

So the bottom line to this is your Ebay Account is Blocked so is your Paypal account in dealing with Ebay Seller you sent money to.

Despite PAYPAL's user policy stating a user doing a chargeback is a direct violation of that agreement - NOT... According to my lawyer they blocked me from resolving a valid issued involving the prvention of a financial loss - ME by an Ebay Seller they are in breach of this agreement NOT ME. **** This is my opinion and not legal advice - go to a lawyer for that *****...

Also a suggestion? I have read horror story after horror story as to what Paypal AKA Ebay does or has done to clients and their bank accounts. Open a account for Paypal use ONLY. Put only the money you are using to make a purchase - better to use a small limit credit card for that instead. When Sh*t happens AND IT WILL; you can protect yourself. This happened to a friend of mine and they got dire threat notices from PAYPAL so they sent back FU.......Now it is happening to me....Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

cathym
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Sukmukdik007,

I am sure there are more horror tories out there. Hey, anyone who has been wronged let us know. That way we know more how to protect ourselves..

I know that Pay Pal has a great service that is suppose to protect us. But at what price? It is like are paying the Mob protection money?

thanks everybody. Have a good Holiday.

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

THAT seller even though advertised "FREE SHIPPING"; yea right... After the end of the auction the seller demanded shipping charges NOT LISTED IN THE AUCTION.

You should have paid the winning bid amount if the shipping was free.  Then when the seller refunds and files a ebay complaint against you, you can prove that you did pay.

I have filed a chargeback on a transaction - EVEN THOUGH THIS VIOLATES PAYPAL'S **bleep** YOU POLICY

NO filinga chargeback doesn't violate Paypals policy/user agreement.

If you didn't pay then why are you trying to flie a chargeback ??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.