Doubts about seller

vsion
Contributor
Contributor

Won camera from fairly new ebayer, payment showed claimed, but seller claims

ebay showing pending on their end....a little suspicious (nervous) as my gut feeling

is telling me this one is trying to pull a fast one.  Checked and they have no other

items selling. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Parisrage
New Community Member

Hey I am having the same problem too I won a phone and the payment has been verified but the shipping hasn't and the seller won't answer my contact attempts. I didn't even realize he was a newbee because I was bidding on more than one at the same time and I thought they all were experienced. It wasn't until I didn't recieve a confirmation email from him thatr I got worried. I checked the info on his email, looks like he opened it strictly for this SMH. On paypal it's list him as unverified so I'm really freaking because I thought you had to be verified to be able to use paypal. This is crazy and I really needed that phone.Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

@Parisrage wrote:

Hey I am having the same problem too I won a phone and the payment has been verified but the shipping hasn't and the seller won't answer my contact attempts. I didn't even realize he was a newbee because I was bidding on more than one at the same time and I thought they all were experienced. It wasn't until I didn't recieve a confirmation email from him thatr I got worried. I checked the info on his email, looks like he opened it strictly for this SMH. On paypal it's list him as unverified so I'm really freaking because I thought you had to be verified to be able to use paypal. This is crazy and I really needed that phone.Smiley Mad

File an "Item not received claim here;

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ResolutionCenter&cf=20

That will give the seller the choice of either proving that he has sent the item with delivery confirmation or paypal will refund your money.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

@vsion wrote:

Won camera from fairly new ebayer, payment showed claimed, but seller claims

ebay showing pending on their end....a little suspicious (nervous) as my gut feeling

is telling me this one is trying to pull a fast one.  Checked and they have no other

items selling. 

No, that's legitimate.

Paypal does put a 21-day hold on funds paid to new sellers.

Tell the seller that Paypal regulations stte that they must ship the item within 7 days even if the funds are held, however.

If they refuse, file an "Item Not received' claim and leave a neg.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.