Does anyone know the trueth?

rkwebber12
New Community Member

As a business owner can I receive payments for my services and products through paypal? You know like I have a lap top and I go to someone's house I do an installation. I bill them they use a credit card say master card. Can I do this to receive payment and confirm it in my bank?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

skier
Advisor
Advisor

No, that method is NOT recommended because you risk the chance of having your PayPal Account frozen and/or locked.   What you need is PayPal's Virtual Terminal

Your PayPal Account is only setup for you to use in a specific way. If you would try to use it to process purchases yourself, it will cause issues. PayPal looks at the IP Address of the computer and Mac Address of the your network adapter. Lets say that you have ten transactions, all using different credit cards. PayPal will see that unique IP Address and/or Mac Address and note that each time a different credit card has been used to pay for a transaction.  Because of PayPal's Fraud Security, this activity will appear suspicious.  It will be viewed as some sort fraud attempt which in turn will set off some red flags. And there's a good chance that your Account will be frozen and/or locked.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

pattyandme
Contributor
Contributor

You could e-mail the bill to the customer and then have them make the payment from there computer.

This limts your card handling to customers with computers and internet access.

Correct?

Login to Me Too

mszoee
Contributor
Contributor

Who would want to....Paypal  is an FeeBay company with no interest at all in the person they are representing. 

Login to Me Too

mszoee
Contributor
Contributor

The truth is find another way to accept funds.  Paypal is way out of line on most issues and expensive. The are demonic int there attempts to make every seller and buyer criminal and have way exceeded their welcome in the financial world.

Login to Me Too

pattyandme
Contributor
Contributor

Make a web page and link from a pay now button

just connect from your customers computer.

I belive paypal has a phone service you could access for payments without a pc .

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Love the advice and comments the new folks are posting.  Unfortunately you people really don't have a clue as to how things work.  Either take the advice of experience or go your own way.   Makes no difference, it's your choice.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

pattyandme
Contributor
Contributor

Just who are the experts? and what makes them an expert ? and why should I personaly take your word that you are an expert?

There are no experts only people who think they are experts when it comes to spending someone elses money.

Login to Me Too

DexSinister
Contributor
Contributor

Well, first of all, there's not much incentive to believe that someone who has made a total of 2-3 posts has any idea what they are talking about. Same for the "PP is evil" people who think that PP fees are "too high" mostly because they've never been out in the real world and even studied (no less experienced) all the fees that merchant accounts charge businesses each and every month before any transactions are even processed.

As far as the original poster's question, I'd agree with Skier. If there'sa wireless connection to run a laptop, then the customer has their own computer there.

Obviously, Paypal has a vested interest in protecting consumers from having their CC info or PP login info stolen and hundreds of different credit card #'s run through an account that is purposed to one person. So it's going to raise fraud flags if the same IP or MAC address processes transaction after transaction from different customers. And it ought to.

However 4-5 companies are currently rolling out CC processing capabilities for iPhones, which would be 10X easier than doing PP transactions with a laptop.

Login to Me Too

mszoee
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your comment...About me being "NEW"....I have processed close to 118,000 transactions through Paypal....I guess I have to wait for another 250,000 to make sure I qualify to answer anything....................your input on my ignorance is appreciated.  Sincerely   Cassandra

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.