Does PayPal withdraw money from my back account when I don't have the complete amount.

RyanSilva
New Community Member

Because I just bought something since I had some money in PayPal but needed the rest from the bank. Now here is the issue, it looks like it requested to withdraw the whole amount from the bank account and I didn't want to do that since I don't have the entire amount in it and wanted to use the cash in the PayPal along with it. PayPal did the eCheck thing and says it will be cleared on Dec. 31. Should I worry about this?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

skier
Advisor
Advisor

If you have insufficient funds in your PayPal Account, PayPal will then withdraw the funds from your primary backup funding source.   For example, if you purchased a $10 dollar item and you only have $5.00 in your PayPal Account, PayPal will pay for the item using your primary backup funding source.   You can run into an issue with your bank if you run into an overdraft situation as now your bank will charge you for having insufficient funds.  Your $10 purchase could now end up costing you an additional $30 to $50 depending on your bank's fees for overdrafts.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.