Does Buyer Automatically Receive Email When Order Is Shipped?

RusticSandy
Contributor
Contributor

I am shipping a product which was purchased from my website, not listed on Ebay.   I receive the funds and print out a shipping label.  No where under Shipping Preferences or Shipping Methods can I locate an option to automatically send the buyer an email confirmation showing that his package has been shipped.  There is no option to do this even when printing the label.  If an email IS being sent to the buyer, how can I tell? I do not use Multi-Order shipment, just the single shipping option, maybe that's the problem.

I use USPS and would like to set it up so that when a shipping label is printed, the buyer automatically receives an email confirming shipment and provides them with a tracking number.

Can you give explicit instructions on how I set it up so that my buyers receive an automatic email confirming that their order has been shipped?  Or help me find the answer on PP someplace. All search criteria I type in comes up with the same inapplicable answers.  Thank you in advance for your help.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Is there a space to enter the buyer's email address?  If not, they're not likely to get an email.

To check, you could try processing an order through, coming to yourself.  See if you get an email.

Login to Me Too

RusticSandy
Contributor
Contributor

I tried the Multi-Order section, and it DOES give an option to send an email confirmation to the buyer.  So I did that.  Then I went to my PP Account and marked it as "shipped" in there and it said that I changed the status of the order and an email will be sent to the buyer.  So I think the buyer is going to receive two emails. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.