Do I get charged for a temporary negative balace?

Melkor15
Contributor
Contributor

I'm new to the whole paypal thing!  I purchased a product from Ebay using my paypal account for $36 while I was in the middle of transferring $60 to my paypal account!  Will Paypal charge me anything for that temporary negative!  On eBay AND Paypal, it says the seller was paid... so I assume it's kinda like a temporary loan!  Is this correct?? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

miller456
New Community Member

You do not need to have any funds in your paypal balance in order to make payments, If your bank account is on file you can simply make an instant transfer payment which is what i think you are explaining. What this means is PayPal will front the money on your behalf and pay the seller, then for the next 3-4 business days PayPal will process this transaction from your bank. You see a minus sign b/c it is a sent payment, there are no charges for this nor for having a negative balance in your PayPal account. However if your account would ever happen to become negative be sure to bring the balance back to $0 or greater as leaving the account negative can be reported to a collection agency and affect your credit.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.