Delivery Confirmation Fee

Cooterpond
Contributor
Contributor

It seems to me that the delivery confirmation fee used to be added to the customer's invoice but now it is not.   I think the customer should be paying this fee myself as our margins are just too small to carry this extra expense even though it is a useful one.  Most of my items ship via First Class Mail.  I wonder if there is a setting that selects who pays this fee?  Possibly in eBay's shipping calculator?  Anyone know?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

skier
Advisor
Advisor

The Delivery Confirmation fee has nothing to do with either PayPal or Ebay,  this is a USPS option for Priority Mail.  If you purchase your Priority Shipping Label online, Delivery Confirmation is included at no charge.  If you go to the USPS Counter in person, Delivery Confirmation is an option and you will pay extra for it.    Note that Signature Confirmation is a totally separate option and an additional fee is charged regardless of purchase method.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Cooterpond
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for all the shipping information but my question is why isn't the .19c for the delivery confirmation charged to the customer?  It isn't included in the total they pay by Ebay's calculator or Pay Pal's shipping invoice.  It's tacked on for me to pay.  I don't think it has always been done this way.  The invoices used to be correct.   I just wondered if there is a setting somewhere that I should change?

Login to Me Too

BratnCute
Contributor
Contributor

Honestly .19cents isn't all that big of a deal. especially if you compare it to the price it is if you were to walk into the post office.

Delivery confirmation is for your benefit if anything. In the past too many sellers opt not to have delivery confirmation on the packages they would ship. This would leave an open door for some buyers to claim they never got their item.

It's really for your protection.

I make it a point to track all the packages I send out. It lets me know if its been delivered or if it hasn't.

Since I know ahead of time that there is a .19 cent charge for the DCN ... I just add it to the shipping cost.

Login to Me Too

jfbct
Contributor
Contributor

The postoffice made my customer pay an additional $3.40 to get her package. I shipped from paypal with a .19 delivery confirmation on a .3 ounce 3/4"thick large envelope. 

They told her you can only get delivery confirmation with Priorty Mail and made her pay the difference of what I paid and what it would have cost for Priorty Mail.  I called USPS and they said they do not know anything about paypal delivery confirmation, does anyone know who I can call about this?

Login to Me Too

wahini
Contributor
Contributor

Honestly, do we ever get the truth.  USPS told me that this is a PayPal thing and that USPS has nothing to do with the $.19 delivery confirmation fee.  I don't need the confirmation fee as I track all of my packages.  So, who is it?  Is it PayPal or USPS? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.