Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOES PAYPAL GUARANTEE A LARGE PURCHASE?

Highlighted
New Community Member

DOES PAYPAL GUARANTEE A LARGE PURCHASE?

HELLO,

I NEED TO KNOW WHAT GUARANTEE I HAVE OF EITHER RECEIVING WHAT I PAID FOR (VIA/THROUGH EBAY) OR AT LEAST A FULL REFUND OF MY FUNDS IF I DO NOT RECEIVE THE ITEM(S) AS IT WAS ADVERTISED BY THE SELLER???

I INTEND TO PURCHASE UP TO 5 "PLAYSTATION 3" GAME CONSOLES/SYSTEMS FROM THE FOLLOWING SELLER: githehus

MUST I BUY THEM THROUGH EBAY FOR A GUARANTEE?

WHAT IF I BUY THEM DIRECTLY FROM THE SELLER AND NOT THROUGH EBAY - BUT DO PAY THE SELLER THROUGH MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT?

I CONSIDER THIS PURCHASE TO BE A LARGE PURCHASE - WELL OVER $1000 - AND NEED TO KNOW WHAT GUARANTEE I HAVE OF NOT LOOSING MY MONEY?

PLEASE TELL ME THE RECOMMENDED PROCEEDURE TO BE ASSURED THAT I GET WHAT I PAID FOR AND TO ASSURE THAT I DO NOT LOOSE MY PAYMENT AND RECEIVE NOTHING OR THE WRONG PRODUCT?

THE SELLER SAYS HE IS IN ATLANTA - SO IT IS A DOMESTIC PURCHASE.

I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER OF EBAY SINCE THE YEAR IT BEGAN AND A MEMBER OF PAYPAL SINCE IT BEGAN AS WELL. BUT TIMES CHANGE AND I HAVE NOT MADE A MAJOR PURCHASE LIKE THIS IN A LONG TIME. CAN YOU PLEASE ADVISE ME?

THANKS,

SCOTT DUVALL

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: DOES PAYPAL GUARANTEE A LARGE PURCHASE?

If you buy through ebay you DO have protection that the items will be as described and what you paid for.  If you buy outside of ebay you will receive little protection (or about the same protection you would have giving someone your credit card numbers and expecting Visa to ensure the transaction works out).

Highlighted

Re: DOES PAYPAL GUARANTEE A LARGE PURCHASE?

The seller isn't advertising a lot of 5 playstations - just individual ones.

They may only have 1 of them - this is not an experienced seller (they've only been selling since Mar 31, essentially) and may not realize that they can't list multiples unless they have them.

It's also quite possible that they're selling knockoffs.

You MUST buy through ebay to get full protection, but keep in mind that, if the items are knockoffs or liquidation items and they don't work, you'll have to ship them all back to the seller in Georgia, USA, with signature confirmation, which can be very expensive.