Credit Card as Primary Payment Source

searcherrr
New Community Member

I want to use a credit card as the primary payment source, instead of it always defaulting to a bank account.

Can this be setup for "automatic default choice" so that you don't have to manually change it to credit card on every transaction?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Katai

There's no way.  People have been asking for it for years now.  Paypal just hates its customers.

Login to Me Too

Cnt-Wt-To-Cncl
New Community Member

Agreed.  They just completely **bleep**ed up my payment for the second and last time.  I specifically selected my credit card to take advantage of a special offer, and they STILL used my bank account with no notice until AFTER the fact.

Too confusing and not worth the frustration.  If I knew PayPal was going to **bleep** me over, I would have not used the service to "more easily" checkout.   I think you **bleep**, PayPal.

Login to Me Too

kaw209
New Community Member

Well, that really bites.  How annoying!

Login to Me Too

Belrion
New Community Member

You cannot view your funding sources, and its primary, from your account: however, you can see them when you make a transaction. The default primary can only be a bank or PayPal Buyer Credit (like mine.) It is possible that if you have PayPal Credit Card, it may be used as default primary (not sure.) You may want to apply for Buyer Credit and use it as default primary funding source instead of your own CC.

- Belrion

Login to Me Too

x2aviator
New Community Member

I Bought a wal-mart reloadable card and they accept that as a primary credit card billing source.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.