Confirmation number doesn't work, can't receive payment

caitlynwynkoop
New Community Member

I recently sold an item on eBay and have not been able to receive payment because my account is somehow unconfirmed. I try and click on the link to confirm my email address and I'm directed to a page to enter a confirmation number. The confirmation number does not work. What do I do?

caitlynwynkoop

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Amanda411

Hi caitlynwynkoop,

You should call PayPal customer service to determine the problem.

1. Go to the PayPal website and log in to your account.
  2. Click "Contact Us."
  3. Click "Customer Service Center" in the Help by Phone section.

Amanda

Login to Me Too

kcflashman
New Community Member

i too have the same problem!! I'm told to confirm account,so when i click the confirm button it says to check my e-mail for the e-mail that was just sent to my e-mail.The problem is that there is never an e-mail sent!! I have even called paypal and talked to live operators who tell me to do exactly what i've already been doing on my own.They have no clue as to whats going on!! They tell me it might be a bad e-mail address (wrong had it for years) or provider won't accept mail from them (wrong i get confirmation e-mails when item is sold FROM PayPal) or my computers malfunctioning (Wrong!! Computer is checked on a monthly schedule) I am ready to tell buyers that i cannot take paypal payments.Maybe there's a competitor that i can use.I Will be checking into that option!!SICK OF THE RUN AROUND FROM PAYPAL!!

Login to Me Too

Amanda411

Hi kcflashman,

It may help to change your email notifications to plain text.

1. Go to the PayPal website and log in to your account.
  2. Click "Profile" at the top of the page.
  3. Click "Notifications" in the Account Information column.
  4. Check or uncheck the boxes according to your preferences.
  5. Click "Save."

Amanda

Login to Me Too

Bobp
Contributor
Contributor

did your account get fixed and how. same thing with me.

Login to Me Too

kcflashman
New Community Member

'll tell you now to get ready for the PAYPAL run around!! Live operators (outside usa) will tell you to click the confirm account button and when you do it says an e-mail has been sent to your e-mail. IF your lucky enough to get this e-mail and hit the confirm button in the e-mail it WON'T ACCEPT the CONFIRMATION NUMBER that THEY SENT!! It says CONFIRMATION NUMBER DOES NOT MATCH INFORMATION WE HAVE ON FILE FOR THIS ACCOUNT!! MY question is if it is coming from PAYPAL and THEY sent it to MY e-mail how is it that the information on file doesn't match? A TOTALY worthless service UNLESS your willing to have the PREMIUM service form PAYPAL.Most small sellers (not warehouse type companies) can't afford or need this type of service!!

Login to Me Too

Bobp
Contributor
Contributor

when you get an answer please tell me.

Login to Me Too

Bobp
Contributor
Contributor

any answers yet? looking for myself.

Login to Me Too

Gunsnroses656

Having this same problem! Paypal is becomming very stressful and I may just switch from it. It does not fulfill my needs if i cant accept money for items im selling...

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Are you ABSOLUTELY SURE you've entered the correct email address?  Wouldn't be the first time that an innocent error was made.

Were you using the Safari, Chrome or Opera browsers when you did it?  They don't work well with ebay, and it's possible they don't work well with Paypal, either.

Have you checked your junk mail folder for the Paypal email?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.