Concerned about selling WoW account on here.

carsonhowe
Contributor
Contributor

I have read multiple stories about people getting scammed on this site because of fraudulent buyers that dispute charges made to them after they get the account information for a World of Warcraft account. I would like to know the safest way to deal with this kind of transaction so that I can prevent myself from being scammed in this way.

My plan is to sell my account as a service (levelling up the characters, etc), not as a good, since PayPal does not protect virtual "goods". This disclaimer that I have made says that all references to "My account" and so on are referring to Blizzard's game, I don't own WoW, and "my account" is just a service that I am selling. I cancelled the membership on the account and changed all the contact information to another email and password, as well as put an authenticator on it for extra protection. I also told the buyer that I would need a 100% confirmed payment and money in hand before I reveal the account information.

Have I done enough already, or should I do more to ensure the safety of the transaction? If I can do more, please tell me.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

No, that's not going to work.

Your WOW account is a virtual item no matter how you try to disguise it.

It's not covered and you run the risk of a chargebck that you can't win.

Money orders or cash only.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.