Claiming money?

localbum24
New Community Member

Hello.

I recently had money sent into my Pay Pal account for the first time. I received an email with confirmation of payment, and an email from Pay Pal telling me I needed to claim my money, but my account reads $0.00 across the board with no payments received. How do I troubleshoot this and claim my cash?

Thank you...

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

3kidsmommy
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem.  I am not new to Paypal but I did recently change my email address.  Ebay shows payment pending and says "claim your payment" and directs me to paypal but my paypal acct doesn't show any pending payments.  My buyer said she sent payment on Saturday.  How do I claim a payment?

Login to Me Too

Mixedup
New Community Member

Same thing here--6 days where is the money.  I have always had Paypal at one address and Ebay at another and its always confusing---Ebay only wants to connect me to Paypal at my Ebay address or get me a new account--hating both companies more each day

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Your account reads $0.00 because you have not verified.   After you verifiy your account, you will see the funds.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

dolittle

I am verified. Still no funds, I have the same problems. I have the same email address that I have had for 10 years.

Login to Me Too

dolittle

same here, I was adviced to go through my listing, to see if my email address was correct. I never change my address, so I was surprised to find, that my address had been replaced by ipodguys@yahoo.com.  Their address was in more than one of my listing!! I don't even own an ipod.

Login to Me Too

3kidsmommy
Contributor
Contributor

So I found the problem with my account, I had listed the item on Ebay and started the auction THEN went through and updated my accounts with my new email address, physical address, etc.  MY MISTAKE WAS WHEN I DELETED MY OLD EMAIL ADDRESS FROM MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT (thinking it was no longer valid, I didn't need it).  When my customer sent payment using the Ebay/PayPal link it still had my old email address on the auction so the payment went to there.  Since I had deleted the old email address from my account, I couldn't see the payment.  I tried to go back in and add my old email address back to my PayPal account but since I can't access that email account to respond to the verify email, I was **bleep**ed.  I had to tell my buyer to cancel her payment, wait for the cancel to post money back to her bank account then have her send another payment to my PayPal account using my new email address as payee name.  It took a while and some frustration was involoved, but I finally got paid.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.