Check from PayPal

VerbsInAkshun
Contributor
Contributor

Hey everyone, I'm new here on paypal and already I have a concern. I was doing some work on the internet in exchange for some money and later I'm going to have it sent to my paypal account. My first concern is, how long does it take for paypal to recieve it? If I immedietly have it sent and check my account 5 minutes later, will it be there? My 2nd concern is if paypal can send checks to people. I rarely shop online so I would prefer the money in my pocket.

I will be extremely greatful if someone can help.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

skier
Advisor
Advisor

You can withdraw funds from your PayPal Account balance to either your bank account or request a check.  If you withdraw the funds to your bank account, you must manually initiate the withdraw request.   This is by design as a security feature for your protection.   Normally, it can take up to 4 business days for the funds to appear in your bank account.  From personal experience, we average 3 days.   If you request a check, there is a $1.50 fee to process the check and it can take up to 2 weeks to receive the check via the mail.

When someone pays you, the funds will appear almost instanly in your PayPal Account and will remain in your PayPal Account balance until you decide to do somehing with them.   The exception would be if you were paid by an eCheck.  Echecks are similar to paper checks in the fact that they can take several business days to clear.  Four business days is normal.  Once the eCheck clears, the funds will be deposited into your PayPay Account.

All of this is explained in PayPal's Help Section.

Regards,

skier

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

skier
Advisor
Advisor

You can withdraw funds from your PayPal Account balance to either your bank account or request a check.  If you withdraw the funds to your bank account, you must manually initiate the withdraw request.   This is by design as a security feature for your protection.   Normally, it can take up to 4 business days for the funds to appear in your bank account.  From personal experience, we average 3 days.   If you request a check, there is a $1.50 fee to process the check and it can take up to 2 weeks to receive the check via the mail.

When someone pays you, the funds will appear almost instanly in your PayPal Account and will remain in your PayPal Account balance until you decide to do somehing with them.   The exception would be if you were paid by an eCheck.  Echecks are similar to paper checks in the fact that they can take several business days to clear.  Four business days is normal.  Once the eCheck clears, the funds will be deposited into your PayPay Account.

All of this is explained in PayPal's Help Section.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

VerbsInAkshun
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for clearing that up for me dude.

I really appreciate it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.