Change address outside the United States

floretan
Contributor
Contributor

I created my paypal account when I was living in the United States. Now that I moved to Europe, I would like to update my address and credit card information, but both are limited to locations inside the United States.

Trying to log in from paypal.de redirects me to my US account.

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

Dumpfbacke
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. We just moved to Germany from USA and now we cannot update our home address to reflect our german address.

Does anybody have a solution yet? This Dumpfbacke would like to know.

Addtionally, how can we complain to PAYPAL to resolve our problem? 

Login to Me Too

Aussie
New Community Member

I'm sure that when I moved to the US and changed my details then I had the same PayPal Account  but now that I have moved home to Australia I can't change it over again!!!! I don;t want to create a new Paypal Account

Login to Me Too

bevlee

Another option, especially if you are fairly new to PayPal, is to set up another email address and use your new nonUS address.  That's what I'm going to try, anyway.  This is extremely aggravating!

Login to Me Too

Raúl
New Community Member

Why ?

Thats my question, Why can't we just have an International address with our U.S. address. It can't be that hard to allow members of PayPal to have two addresses. It would seem to be beneficial for PayPal to allow such a service. I do hope that they are able to fix this inconvenience for all of us , so we can all get back to our business lifes already .  Smiley Wink

Login to Me Too

spring97
Contributor
Contributor

That's what I have done. Ebay still has my original email and I have had to set a new email address just to satisy paypal and set all the new bank accounts. So my old email has the US accounts and my new email has the Australian accounts. Very confusing but it is working so far. The only other thing to do is to change your new currency in EBAY.

Login to Me Too

AREVM
New Community Member

I've been frustratd with this for a long time now. We have both mailing addresses and bank/charge  accounts in two countries.  You'd think I'd be able to pay with either and send to either, regardless of source.  What is paypal afraid of? 

Login to Me Too

malaili2
Contributor
Contributor

I just want to ship something to"myself" here in China, but I can't seem to get the address accepted outside the United States.

Any and all ideas would be helpful.

The company I am ordering from is also here in China.

Login to Me Too

malaili2
Contributor
Contributor

Alert Pay worked.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Login to Me Too

Nomad
New Community Member

Same problem, I have not used paypal for about 10 years. It surprised me that I still had an account,  I have moved countries (3 Times) since then, and tried to delete/change my bank accout and it won't let me without the acount number. That has been closed for at least 9 years so I have no idea what the number was. 

Won't accept new payment from a bank here because it is out of the USA.   

Can't even delete the account from Paypal or change country in the profile without starting a new e-mail address and the bill I wanted to pay is to the original address, so no help there. 

Now I remember why I have not used paypal!   I wish they had some good competition.

Login to Me Too

malaili2
Contributor
Contributor

I still live and have all my bank and creditcard accounts are in the U.S., I only wanted to add a foreign ship to address.

Does Paypal even read these posts?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.