Change address outside the United States

floretan
Contributor
Contributor

I created my paypal account when I was living in the United States. Now that I moved to Europe, I would like to update my address and credit card information, but both are limited to locations inside the United States.

Trying to log in from paypal.de redirects me to my US account.

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

maranatha
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem... I still maintain an address stateside but I need to have my  Paypal address agree with my shipping address or some sellers will not sell or ship to me.

It is a hassle that Paypal needs to address.

Maranatha@c-gate.net

Login to Me Too

saran
New Community Member

How do I edit my street address to an address in another country?

Due to security reasons, PayPal only allows one country address per PayPal account. When moving from country to country, you must close your existing account and open a new account in the country where you are residing. To close your account, log in to your PayPal account and click Profile at the top of the page. Click the Close Account link located under Account Information and follow the online instructions.

Hope this helps...

saran

Login to Me Too

maranatha
Contributor
Contributor

That may or may not be the case...  But this is an unacceptable solution.  I have been a customer since the dawn of the computer age...  I see no reason to loose my longevity of account because "self cancelation" seemed like a good idea at the moment... 

Nope.. they need to fix the problem at the source... not try to make thier customers jump through hoops that would endanger transactions and reputations...

We need to be able to add a foriegn address...  Just this.  nothing more...   What about people who move every two or three years? Come on... canceling the account to change an address is not a solution.

Login to Me Too

floretan
Contributor
Contributor

I'd rather not cancel my account as I use it for professional transactions.

My temporary solution was to order by entering my address and billing information without using my account. That worked, but it definitely doesn't qualify as an "acceptable solution".

Login to Me Too

Bogart
Contributor
Contributor
This is very strange!! (1) How can I change horse in the midst of a transaction without loosing any reputation? (2) My US bank accepts a billing address in Europe, PayPal, however, does not, meaning I have to change my bank to a bank in Europe in order to please PayPal?? I may have to look for services other than PayPal... any recommendations? Best regards; Bogart
Login to Me Too

Shane45
Contributor
Contributor

I to have had the same issue with paypal NOT being international.  So more and more I seem to be using AlertPay as a viable alternative to Paypal.  So far I have not had any problems with them and I am living in a Non-EU state which Paypal also seems to hate.

Login to Me Too

Dumpfbacke
Contributor
Contributor

There is a solution...

How many people within this senerio utilize electronic banking?  My husband and I do...

Do you have relatives within the USA?  We do...

Since all your banking is electronic and you have relatives in the USA, if you answered yes to both questions above, have your bank change the billing address for your credit cards or other means of financial importance to one of your relatives.  You still maintain electronic banking so, the bank does not send any letters or other to your relative's address...all are sent to you electronically!!!! 

You can add as many shipping address locations as you desire, which does not effect your credit card or any other method of payment...because, you perform everything electronically!!! 

I'm repeating myself because, we now live in the age of computers where everything is electronically performed.  Now days, what is an address?  Another form of credit validation!!!!

Maintain your account and ratings, you don' have to restart all over again.

Good luck with your future eBAY transactions...electronically!!!

Login to Me Too

von_schlemm
New Community Member
How do I edit my street address to an address in another country?
Login to Me Too

april
New Community Member

Well, I guess that answers my question.  That's a very poor solution for an international entity.  It's not a big deal for me to close my account and start over.  I totally understand not wanting to give up your account's longevity.  The world is getting smaller by the day, so they really should fix this problem.

Thanks for the answers,

April

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.