Cannot confirm payment for ebay transaction

AISAIAH
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to confirm payment for an ebay transaction, but I get the message, "This card cannot be used for this transaction. Please choose a different way to pay, or add another debit or credit card to your account." I usually get this message when there is not enough money on the giftcard, but there is still money on it. I've been trying for a few days now and it still shows this message. And just 5 days ago, I used this card for another ebay transaction and everything went smoothly. The message tells me to use another form of payment, but I haven't got another form of payment.

What is the problem and how can I fix it?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

unearthed13
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem and it's really frustrating. I'm far from my credit limit and I don't understand why my card is being denied. I also can't find anything similar to this on the paypal website. Can someone please help here?

Login to Me Too

Hera
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem and I'm going crazy. I'm  too far from my credit limit .. Can someone please help here?  There is someone, please?

Login to Me Too

Mabel22
Contributor
Contributor

I also am having the same problem...have any of you heard anything else about it, and what to do?  It IS very frustrating.  Thanks...at least I know I'm not alone in this.

Login to Me Too

amalia58
New Community Member

Same exact problem here!!!!  Haven't been able to use PayPal for the last couple of months.  Called PayPal and they were NO help at all.  I also have a PayPal Credit Card, and they said there is nothing wrong with my account, I am far from my credit limit, and I am in good standing.  So who knows what is going on!!!!  Very frustrated!!!

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Are you all using a gift card?

What type of card are you trying to use... credit card, debit card?

Is it a prepaid card?

Login to Me Too

unearthed13
Contributor
Contributor

Alright guys I emailed paypal and this was the response I got: 

Dear _______, Thank you for contacting PayPal. Hi, my name is Roson. I understand that you are having difficulty making a payment through your card. I have checked your account and was able to determine that it was being denied by our system due to failed verification. If you would like to view information about a denied payment transaction, please follow these instructions: 1. Go to the PayPal website and log in to your account. 2. Click "History" at the top of the page. 3. Click "Details" of specific payment transaction. The Transaction Detail page will appear and you will be able to view details of the transaction, including the reason it was denied. The funds from the denied payment will be returned to the credit card or to your PayPal account balance, based on the funding source. Credit to your credit card may take up to 30 days to process, depending on your card issuer. When Redemption Codes are used to fund a payment and that is refunded or reversed in any way, those points will be returned to the buyer's Redemption Code balance upon completion of the refund/reversal. I'll be glad to hear from you if you need clarification and we will do our best to give you immediate answers. Thank you for choosing PayPal for your online payment needs. We value your business. Sincerely, Roson PayPal Resolution Services PayPal, an eBay Company Got more questions? You'll find answers at our improved Help Center. Click "Help" in the top right corner of any PayPal page to get started!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.