Can't confirm email address added to account - NO CONFIRM LINK IN "CONFIRM" EMAIL!

drfriendly
New Community Member

when i add an email to my account and hit the confirm button, a message pops up telling me to click a link in the email i am being sent.

I get the email, but it HAS NO SUCH LINK IN IT!

Here's the email:

Hello Aaron Baum,

You have added workshops@algaelab.com as a new email address for your PayPal account.

If you did not authorize this change or if you need assistance with your account, please contact PayPal customer service at:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_contact_us

Sincerely,
PayPal

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Sometimes email programs and/or antivirus applications will remove links.  You may be able to trick the system by using that email address to send a temp password back to you.   On the main PayPal Login Screen there  is a Problem with Login link.   On the next page, you can try the You Don't know your Password feature.  Use the new email address you added to your Account.   Once you get a reply from PayPal, you may be able to use this email to also verify your account.   This trick used to work in the old days, not sure about now but, it worth a chance. 

Another option would be to contact PayPal's Customer Service.

US/Canada
1 - 888 - 221 - 1161
or
1 - 402 - 935 - 2050

4:00 AM PST to 10:00 PM PST Monday through Friday
6:00 AM PST to 8:00 PM PST Saturday and Sunday

Note, If you're trapped in the the phone maze, press Zero.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

The email message you quoted in your original post is the message PayPal sends to your primary PayPal email address.

To get the confirmation code, you need to login to the email account which you just added... in your case, login to your workshops@algaelab.com email account... the PayPal message in that account will have the link and the confirmation code.

Login to Me Too

costumehunters
New Community Member

I tried to do what "Skier" said and it didn't work either.

Then I called Paypal.  Got through within 5 minutes.

They had me go into my email server (hotmail) and go to:

>Options

>>>Junk e-Mail

>>>>>Safe and Blocked Senders

>>>>>>>Blocked Senders

>>>>>>>>>Remove from list anything type of email that says "paypal", "service@paypal", "paypal@service", etc.

>>>>>>>>>>>>Safe Mailing Lists (make sure it's in there now)

Then try and resend the confirmation eMail though Paypal.

You should get a new email from them with the link.  If not, contact them.  They will walk you through the same process and send you the email themselves.

Worked Great!!!

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Thank you skier for providing the Customer Service Contact Phone Numbers !!!!!   Your other suggestion to contact PayPal's Customer Service resolved my issue .....  Nice!

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.