Can I send money to my own account? (instant transfer using 'send money'?)

kbethy
New Community Member

I have US bank accounts and confirmed debit and credit cards linked to my account, but cannot make a direct transfer payment to someone.  When I try to add funds to my PayPal account from my bank account, it says it will take 3 - 5 days, but I need to make an instant transfer.  When I click on the link for 'instant transfer' on the adding funds page, it takes me to the 'Send Money' page.  Can I make an instant transfer to my own account by using the "Send Money' or is there another way to do it?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

mejojo55
New Community Member

Having the same trouble I want to send funds instantly  to my paypal account  via my confirmed bank account but it tells me I can't send money to myself! 

Login to Me Too

thebosh
New Community Member

Having the same issue.  I have both a verified bank account, credit card, and debit card.  When I try to send money, it will not give me the instant transfer option.  I called customer service and it was like talking to a wall...

Long story short, I was told there's a security setting on my account (which no one could tell why even though I've had a paypal account for over 4 yrs and have been in good standing at all times).  The customer service rep told and i quote "try the option again sometime"  When I asked how long the sometime option was - 24 hrs or 48 hours, she did not know how long.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.